Too Afraid to Let Go

A/N: so i kind of died and fell of the face of the Earth BUT hopefully this makes up for it? i'm so sorry for how long this sat. Life has been really hard on me, but I'll have way more time to write this upcoming week as i'm off work due to medical leave (i have an EEG to do). Thank you for being patient and the kind comments you guys have continued to leave. I still read all the comments every chance I get! Also i caught myself up on MHA and I JUST WANNA SMOOCH HAWKS AND DABIS STUPID FUCKING FACES SO IG I GOTTA INCLUDE DABI SOMEHOW RIP

CHAPTER ANTHEMS:
Feels Like We're Dying – Johnny Goth (OP)
31/10 by RKCB
Promise by Ben Howard
The Girl I haven't Met Yet by Kudasaibeats
I Want You to Help Me Live by Bonjr
FACE by BROCKHAMPTON (ED)

When Midoriya had entered the bedroom at around 4pm, he hadn't expected to see you and Bakugo both fast asleep and still very naked. You were gathered up into Bakugo's arms, his hands holding you protectively against his chest as Bakugo slept on his back. You were cuddled into his side, breathing softly as you peacefully slept, and Midoriya couldn't help but feel grateful that you were getting some good sleep.

There were numerous hickies and bite marks all over your bodies, the smell of sex still a bit pungent in the room, and Midoriya set his bags down onto the floor quietly before sitting down on the edge of the bed. Gently, Midoriya ran his fingers up and down your arm, simply feeling the scarred skin that created such pretty patterns on your skin.

You shifted slightly in your sleep, your arm crawling over Bakugo's waist before becoming still again, and Midoriya sighed slightly. Even though there was still an hour to spare before dinner, Midoriya debated on waking you and Bakugo up. Would you two want to go? He should still ask...but he also didn't want to disturb you both. Knowing the two of you, you'd probably jump down his throat for bothering you.

There was a strange feeling of anxiety within his belly, the twinge of jealousy still flaring, but Midoriya knew that if he wanted any peace, he had to come to terms that you weren't just his anymore. There was a grown-up part of Midoriya that had already come to terms with the whole thing, that had decided that it was best to just do what you wanted, but that inner child was still whining.

Midoriya had never done any of this before, so he wasn't really sure how to curb that inner voice that kept screaming 'mine, mine, mine' over and over in his head. Midoriya's brows furrowed slightly before his shoulders sagged and heaved a breath.

Instead of waking the two of you up, Midoriya turned away before jumping almost a foot in the air as an alarm went off. Your hand smacked against your phone as Bakugo growled in distaste, and you rubbed your eyes before they opened and spotted Midoriya's form frozen at the door. Sitting up, you hummed, voice heavy with sleep and hoarse from the vigorous physical activity with Bakugo earlier that day.

"When did you get back?"

Midoriya glanced back at you, cheeks painted pink at the sight of your naked chest and all the bite marks and hickies that had been left from Bakugo. You were rubbing your face, obviously still waking up, and Midoriya gently sat down beside you on the edge of the bed.

"We just got back. I just wanted to see you, but I thought you two were still completely asleep so I was going to leave you two alone."

You huffed before glancing back at Bakugo, who was still lying down with his eyes closed, unmoving and still breathing deeply.

"I set an alarm because I thought we were going to go to dinner together. Shit, I don't think I wanna go honestly."

Midoriya chuckled and smiled at you, a small gleam in his forest green eyes.