Epilogue

Ellie’s POV

    “Mom! Have you seen my car keys?” William shouted at me from the top of the stairs. That boy was always losing everything. My babies are all grown up now, but I certainly would not categorize them as mature. 

    “Ouch! Stop poking me!” Sawyer yelled at who I can only guess is William. 

    “You’re such a baby! I know you stole my keys!” 

    “Why would I need your keys? I have my own car. I’m telling Mom that you’re bothering and hurting me!” These are my nineteen year old boys. Thank god August is more mature. 

    “Boys! Stop fighting and come down here!” They both rush down the stairs pushing each other to get to me first. I handed William his car keys, and he sheepishly apologized to his brother, “Come help me make dinner. Your dad and brother are going to be home soon”. 

    They both headed to the kitchen and I heard the sink running as they washed their hands. August has never been too keen on cooking, but the twins love to help me in the kitchen. They are also tall enough to help me get stuff out of the cabinets. The twins, much like August took after their father in terms of looks. They both had my blue eyes, but they had jet black hair like C.J’s. Although as he ages, more and more silver streaks seem to pop up in C.J’s hair. They aren’t as tall as C.J, but they still manage to tower over most people at 6’4. August is taller by two inches which he never fails to remind them about. We were really surprised on their first birthday to see that they were rodent shifters like my side of the family, but even more surprised that they were squirrel shifters. It’s kinda ironic considering they both have a severe peanut allergy. 

    “Mom! Sawyer is throwing water at me!” Ah the joys of being a mother. I give them both a little smack on the butt to which they squeal but stop messing around. We are making a stew, so both of the twins are working on cutting while I get the rest of the meal prepared. We always eat dinner together at 7pm, but on Fridays we make some kind of desert. Today we are making brownies, which is William’s favorite. After we finished preparing the stew, we left it on the stove to finish cooking. The desert making is the twins favorite part, and they always fight over who gets to lick the bowl or the spatula. As much as they fight, the two of them are also inseparable and do almost everything together. When they were younger they wouldn’t even go to the bathroom without the other one. Having someone watch me go to the bathroom doesn’t seem ideal to me, but that’s what they wanted. I mean after becoming a mother my toilet time was always invaded when the kids were younger. Even now they will come up to the door and try to talk to me. I’ve given up on the concept of privacy. 

    When they were about sixteen, the twins learned their lesson about knocking when I was changing my clothes and they were met with the sight of their naked mom. They screamed and ran out of the room and into the bathroom where they started talking about holy water. I was a little offended. I thought I have a great body for my age, but then again I wouldn’t want to see my mom or dad naked either. 

    I was broken out of my thoughts when the door opened and in walked my first baby and my handsome husband. August is like a carbon copy of C.J besides the blonde hair. He’s 24 years old now, and is working under C.J. August absolutely adores his father, and has always wanted to do everything just like his daddy. C.J has always been proud of him and would continue to be proud of him no matter what career path he took, but I think it meant the world to him when August expressed his interest in taking over C.J’s position. C.J is still pretty invested and not quite ready to retire yet so he’s just training August and they are working together. Since he has help, they have been able to get a lot more done and not spend as much time at the office which I love.