Chapter 2

C.J's POV

"Constantine I don't understand why you won't even entertain the idea of going on a date with Sarah" My mother barges into my office and as usual my dad follows her shaking his head at his wife's antics.

"Mom, I'm sure that Sarah is a lovely girl, but as much as I appreciate you trying to help me find a mate I would like to meet them on my own terms". I try to reason with her but know that she is super stubborn and my words most likely went in one ear and out the other.

"I know baby I'm just worried because you're 28 now and you still haven't had a serious relationship with anyone. I just don't want you to be lonely" I give her a pointed look to which she sighs, "...Okay and maybe I want little grandbabies to spoil".

There it is. I know that my parents especially my mother love children and just have my well being at heart but her setting me up on dates every week gets very overwhelming. It's not that I'm avoiding a potential mate, I'm just having a little trouble in that department. I've been told that I am very handsome, but my build deters people and scares them away. I can see how people would expect me to be a super aggressive Alpha considering the fact that I am 7'4 and have bulging muscles. I am also a dragon shifter whom are known to be more in tune with their A/B/O instincts than other shifters are. I'm not going to lie and say that I don't have very strong instincts and love control, but I also know how to control myself and know when to remove myself from a situation that is too much for me. I would never take control or abuse someone of a different standing than me, not only because it's illegal to do so but also because it's just morally wrong.

It is a little discouraging to see everyone shying away from me and judging me without even knowing me. I know that I'm getting older and truth be told I am getting very lonely and am slowly losing hope of ever finding a mate who will love and cherish me at least half as much as I do them.

"Gwyneth honey, leave the poor boy alone. He works very hard and I'm sure that he will find the right person in due time without us interfering. He is still young and anyone will be lucky to bond with our son" Like always my dad steps in to reel back in my mom when she starts to overstep.

I love my parents with all my heart and I know that they love me. I am their only child after all. We happen to be very wealthy in terms of money but what I appreciate most in my life is that we are rich in love and affection. Unfortunately this is very rare for other higher up families like mine, and I am grateful everyday for my family.

"Alright Alright, I'll stop my antics if it truly bothers you C.J, but I'll have you know that I got set up on a date with your father by my parents and it worked out just fine" This is actually something that not a lot of people know despite how much the media loves them

My dad is a famous designer, and he took over Delaney from his mother. My mom was an up and coming model, super cliche I know but everyone thinks that they met when she modeled one of his lines in a fashion show then fell in love. When in actuality my dad hated my mom when they first met because apparently she acted super entitled and bratty, which seems so bizarre to me because she is one of the most selfless people I know. They got set up on a date by my grandparents and after being forced to spend time with each other they got to know the real people behind the masks and fell in love.

When I was younger I would cry a lot when they left and always questioned if they enjoyed leaving me behind, but as I got older realized that my parents tried to take me on business trips with them as much as they could and when they couldn't they would rush home to get back to me. I appreciate all of the hard work they do, and how they still make time for me.

"Your mother and I are going out to eat later today, would you like to join us?" My dad offered but I had to decline

"Sorry dad I can't. I already made plans to go to the park with Wilbur at 2:00" Since today is Saturday I only have a half day of work meaning I get out at 1:00. Wilbur has been my best friend since I was 5 years old. He is a golden retriever shifter and it certainly transfers over to his human personality.