baby girl (sr)

the one where y/n and Spencer just had a baby and Spencer comes back from his first case with the BAU

~~~~~~~~~~

y/n was exhausted. It was the first time in the past four months Spencer went on a case.

Four months ago y/n Reid and Spencer Reid welcomed their baby girl, Alexandria Diana Reid, into the world. Alex was a beacon of light and happiness in the Reid's life. She had the best features of both y/n and Spencer.

y/n had endured a terrible pregnancy, so Spencer decided to take four months off to help the new family get adjusted. The first four months of Alex's life went quite smoothly. y/n and Spencer alternated turns getting up in the night and they took naps frequently. Alex wasn't to much of a fussy baby, being only as fussy as one would expect.

When Spencer got the call from Emily saying his break was over and they had a case, his heart broke. The idea of leaving his wife and sweet baby caused him pain. y/n decided at the beginning of the pregnancy, once the complications became worse, she would resign from the BAU. She told Emily however, she would be available to make calls if they were ever stuck once y/n realized just how boring home was going to be.

Spencer was thrilled at the decision his wife made. He loved seeing his wife at work everyday, but he even more loved being able to see his wife and their new baby when he got home.

Spencer had left for the case four days ago and since the moment he left, y/n has gotten maybe 12 hours of sleep. Alex was being a fussy baby, she was non-stop crying and always was awake at the worst times. Normally when she would act like this, Spencer would easily calm her down by talking facts. y/n gave the baby facts, told her about old cases, read her books, and sang her songs in attempt to make her stop crying, but nothing was working.

y/n decided to text her husband,

Hey Babe! How is the case going? Are you coming home soon? We miss you!

Hi Honey! The case just ended and we are headed to the jet.

I miss you and I love you.

I love you too Spence

y/n was relieved to say the least. Maybe she could finally get a good night sleep. She suddenly noticed the quiet and looked at the baby sleeping peacefully in her arms. y/n kissed Alex's forehead before she began to dose off.

Spencer walked into his town house and noticed the kitchen light on as well as the living room light. He walked into the living room to find his beautiful wife and his baby girl sleeping in the rocking chair. y/n's eyes began to flutter as Spencer moved her hair from her face.

"Hi, I missed you" y/n whispered.

"Shhhhh" Spencer replied softly. "Let me take Alex and you need sleep. I love you so much."

Spencer took the baby from his wife's grasp as she walked up to their bedroom. Spencer looked down at the creation in his arms. His baby. He smiled thinking of the life he had just begun.

"Hi Alex. It's daddy. I know you are sleeping and I hope you were a good girl for your mommy. I love you my sweet girl. My sweet baby girl."

Words: 547

a/n: dad spencer is cute, i love writing about dad spencer

this book is growing so well, please keep me updated with requests