meeting the team (sr)

The one where y/n meets Spencer's team in not the ideal circumstances

~~~~~~~~~~

Your boyfriend Spencer was finally going to let you meet his team after almost a year of dating. Since the beginning of your relationship, you were aware of Spencer's job. It was very hard to forget when there were times you wouldn't see him for almost a week. Multiple times, you had tried meeting the team, but a case always seemed to come in the way.

After meeting his mom five months into your relationship, all ideas of him being ashamed of you were thrown out of your mind. It was odd that you hadn't met Spencer's, literally, only friends, but you accepted that he just wanted to wait for the perfect time.

However, saying you hadn't met the team would almost be a lie. You had talked to many members (JJ, Emily, and Garcia) over the phone with a small hello. You also had the pleasure of meeting Derek Morgan, but only after he left the BAU. Derek and Savannah came over one day to Spencer's apartment when Derek knew you would be there because he wanted to meet the woman that had stolen his best friend's heart, Savannah also just wanted a friend. You had also met Aaron Hotchner, but he was recently put into witness protection.

You wanted to meet the rest of the team so bad, but when was the perfect time? The perfect time was when you were ready, Spencer was ready, and the team hadn't just gotten off a case that was painful. When the perfect time had come, Spencer was sent to prison, leaving you confused and scared.

"y/n y/l/n? This is SSA Emily Prentiss, I am Spencer's Unit Chief," you heard Emily say into the phone. It was early in the morning and you were shocked to hear from Spencer's work, he was getting his mom's medicine from Las Vegas.

"This is y/n," you yawned. "Did something happen to Spencer?"

Emily sighed, "I'm afraid so. Some of the team and I are in Mexico right now. Spencer is in prison."

"What? How?" you asked, shooting out of bed. "Is there anything I can do?"

"He was in a high speed chase with Mexican officials, he's heavily drugged," Emily explained. "There is nothing you can do, but we are trying to get Spencer back into America, DC specifically. Do you know why he was in Mexico?"

"I have no idea," you said honestly. "He told me he was going to Las Vegas to get something for his mom. Please keep me updated, Agent Prentiss."

"Will do y/n, and please, call me Emily," Emily replied.

"Thank you for letting me know Emily," you said, quickly hanging up the phone and getting dressed. You paced your apartment confused, why had Spencer gone to Mexico? Why did he lie to you? Savannah had already planned for you to come over during the day and spend time with them, so you knew you needed to talk to Derek.