I'm just going to have to go for it! He thought and listened for the end of the raging stream behind him. As soon as it stopped, David made a dash for it. And it was lucky he did, too. For the dragon had descended upon the boulder and snapped its jaws where the faun's head had just been. It grumbled in annoyance and slowly turned to find its small adversary nearing the weapon. Satan leapt once again, his fangs bared. David grabbed his golden object and swung it back around just in time for it to sink into the reptile's gut again. The red creature roared in agony and tried to back away. But David kept right on him and moved just as fast as he did. They kept going until the dragon was up against a rock. It stood there writhing for a moment. But then Satan ceased his roar and grabbed onto the trident with a clawed hand. Instead of ripping it out of his gut, he pushed the rounded end of the item into his opponent's stomach.

"Oof!" David grunted as he was herded backwards. The dragon plowed forward and glared menacingly at his smaller opponent. All of a sudden, he started thrusting his wings across his body. The faun's eyes widened in fear as he saw what looked like claws on the crest of the beast's wings. And those daggers were coming right for him. David ducked away from them as best he could. He succeeded in avoiding the first few blows, but his grip on the trident made it impossible to have a large range of movement. And David certainly did not want to lose his weapon again. This started to come at a price as the clawed wings started to graze his sides. A fierce stinging burned through his body as trickles of blood ran down his torso and got caught in his thick-furred legs.

The faun was not doing what Satan wanted, which was to let go of the trident. So he changed tactics and brought out his sword. He lifted the blade high and aimed it for the three-pronged stick. David gasped when he realized that the reptile was going to slice his prized weapon in half. Acting fast, the faun removed the trident and jumped back. Even more blood spilled from the beast as it was yanked out. It seemed to take no notice and brought down its own weapon, missing both objects completely. Without another thought, David sunk his trident into the flying reptile's arm as it came down. Satan yelped and used the opposite arm to swat the meddling hybrid away from him. His bulging yellow eyes watched in satisfaction as the faun's body tumbled away while the weapon was still safely lodged in his arm.

David slowly sat up once the world seemed to stop spinning. He adjusted his helmet that had been knocked askew. The dragon showed its gleaming white fangs as it took the golden trident into its tail and far away from his adversary. David stood up, gritting his teeth in frustration. If they hadn't been in the heat of their battle, he might have noticed that the wind only howled even louder now. Rain was very near. And it wasn't going to be a light sprinkle either. For it was going to be a storm more powerful than either of them had ever seen.

Satan lowered his head and charged his opponent. With only a second to decide what to do, David jumped forward using his powerful goat legs. Their heads collided in a loud clang. The dragon found himself being pushed back a few feet before ultimately hooking his claws into the mountainside. He was surprised, and even a little impressed, that a small, insignificant creature could possibly be better at something than he. With an annoyed grumble, the dragon jerked its head up. David got tossed back yet again. But the faun kept his cool and merely did a backflip before landing firmly on his hooves.

Not willing to try butting heads again, Satan opened his mouth and went to bite the hybrid. He hoped to end it in one fell snap. David, however, jumped well above the gleaming fangs' reach. He made sure to stomp on the red reptile's head and disorient it. The faun then took a desperate leap for his trident. For it was still in the tail that was lashing back and forth. Two small hands grabbed onto the golden pole.

I've got it! David thought as his body tried to keep going. But then it changed direction and ultimately hung suspended above the ground. For the tail had not let go as the faun had anticipated. The snake-like tail still had it in an iron grip. Without looking, Satan began to violently throw his appendage around. Poor David bounced off of anything and everything up on that mountain. He cried out in pain each time he got slammed into the rocky environment. A violent fling of the tail made him lose grip on the trident. The faun got sent forcefully to the ground without his weapon. Satan watched as the body lay there without making a noise. He could sense that his opponent wasn't dead, but quite stunned. The dragon gave a grunt of satisfaction.