Chapter 32

Hello everyone!

How's everyone doing? 

I wanted to thank you all for your prayers and "get well" wishes for my uncle. He is out of the hospital and now off of bed rest. He's been doing a lot better, but he lost 30 lbs over the month so he's still recovering. 

I'm also back at school now and that's a whole other struggle, but I'm just trying to do my best :)

So without further ado, let's continue the story!!!!! 

--------------------------------------------------

Angelina's POV

My eyes opened to the ringing of the fire alarm going off. I pulled my blanket over my head. I heard my phone vibrate so grabbed it off of the night stand. There was a text from Nathaniel: Good morning. I hope you're feeling better.

I sent: Yeah I am.

He replied: That's good. I stared at the screen for a few minutes. I wanted to give him another chance. Maybe he didn't deserve it, but I wanted to give him a chance.

I wrote: You want to get coffee later?

He replied: Of course! I'll pick you up later?

"ANGIE!" I heard them screaming for me downstairs.

I ran downstairs to the kitchen where the smoke was coming out of. Janice was throwing the pan that was on fire into the sink, and Michael was fanning the alarm attached to the ceiling with a kitchen towel. Quinn and Lucas were sitting at the island unbothered by what was happening. I pinched the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes. "If I don't see at it, it doesn't exist," I repeated to myself squeezing my eyes tightly.

"Don't just stand there!" Janice whined at me. The nerve of that girl I swear. I speechlessly shook my head; it was too early in the morning for this.

* * * * *

"How can you almost burn the house down?" I yelled. "AGAIN?! And how can you guys just let it happen?" I turned to Michael and Lucas. They gave each other looks and looked away trying not to laugh. "Not funny," I said through gritted teeth. I sighed and looked at the ruined pan in the sink. "You guys go get some breakfast," I said, "I'll clean this up." The three of them trudged away. Quinn and I looked at each other. She gave me a toothy grin. "Well, guess we have to clean up now." I said the Quinn. She giggled and just stared at me, "Yeah, that's what I thought. It's just me that has to clean up, right?" I said smiling, but also kind of dying on the inside. I tried to scrub the burnt piece of whatever Janice was trying to cook but it wouldn't come off so I just chucked it into the trash. I texted Lucas to also buy a pan while they were out. I opened the windows and sighed looking at the mess that was left. I cleaned the sink and scrubbed the oil off of the stove. I went to the living room and Quinn was sitting there playing with her blocks. I ruffled her hair and laid on the couch, checking my phone. They were gone for over an hour and still wasn't back. I sighed and threw my head back because of these idiots. "Quinn why are your uncles and aunt such idiots?"

"Idiots," She repeated, giggling. She place a block in my hand. "Mommy, I gonna build big tower" she said, "I want big tower."

"No way! You're gonna build a big tower?" I said in an amazed voice. She nodded enthusiastically. She began to stack the blocks. I watched her as my eyes slowly closed. I caught myself and opened them, but they began to slowly close again.

"Mommy?" I heard Quinn call and I drifted in and out of sleep.

"Yes baby," I mumbled before succumbing completely to my fatigue.

A few moments later, I felt someone shaking me awake. "Yes, Quinnie," I sighed still half asleep, "Mommy's here. What do you need?"

"Angie! Wake up!" I heard Janice yelling. My eyes shot open.

"What?" I said, my voice still raspy from sleep.

"Quinn's not here," she said.

"What do you mean she's not here?" I asked, "She's right here playing with her blocks." I pushed her aside and looked at where Quinn was previously stacking her blocks, but she was not there.

"When we got back the door was opened," Janice said. "We thought you left the door open because of the smoke."

"Jan, I didn't leave the door open," I said standing up. I ran around the house calling for Quinn. She wasn't anywhere. "I knew I should've fixed that door. Oh my god, how could I have fallen asleep? My baby!" I cried. I ran out of the house, "Quinn! Quinnie baby! Where are you?" I ran down the block calling for Quinn, tears blinding my eyes as I continued to run. I stopped at the end of the road breathing heavy and tears streaming down my face. "Quinn," I cried to myself.

"Angelina!" I heard someone call behind me. I turned around not caring about my appearance and ran into his arms.

"I don't know what to do. It's my fault. I lost her," I sobbed into his chest, "I lost my Quinn."

*Just quick author's note: Who do you think the "he" is?