Chapter 15

Lucas's POV

"Hey, Luke!" Michael greeted as I walked into the new club.

"Hey!," I replied giving him the usual "dude" handshake.

"Glad to see you could make it," Michael said as he started pushing me somewhere. He shoved me into a supply closet.

"What—" he threw me some clothes and shut the door.

"Just change into those clothes and I'll explain everything," He told me through the door. I sighed and changed. I opened the door and Michael beamed happily at me.

"You just need to help me out for a few hours. I couldn't get a bartender so last minute so I need you to fill in," he explained.

"What do you mean last minute?" I asked confused as to why he would plan a club opening so quickly that he wouldn't even have time to get a bartender.

"There is someone that I need to meet and this was the only way to actually talk to her without making the situation awkward, so please please please help me," he pleaded.

"Do you like her?" I grinned.

"No—yes—maybe—I don't know! Just help me and maybe we'll find out tonight," he answered.

After helping Michael and his staff prepare for opening, everyone got in place. Michael opened the doors and greeted each person coming in, however he was probably standing to see if his crush walked in. I shook my head at the fact that he finally had someone he might finally settle for. As more people came in, more people began to crowd around the bar. I started to get busy with my own work. things died down after thirty minutes and I leaned against the high table to take a break. I turned around when I heard someone sit down behind me.

"Lucas?" Angelina looked pretty shocked to see me. I mean she probably was still mad about  what happened earlier.

"Angie? why are you—Are you alright? Is your head hurting bad? I know you hate crowds and strobe lights and loud music—" she cut me off by laughing. Was there seriously something wrong with her? Was she drunk? "Why? What's so funny?" I gasped, "Angie, I think the crowd and strobe lights and loud music may have driven you crazy."

"There's the Lucas I know and love," she replied. She pulled me into a tight hug. I wasn't sure if I should hug her back or not. My hand floated over her back for a few seconds and then fell back down at my side. "I'm so sorry. You're my best friend and I love you more than anyone in the world, except for Quinn. I trust you Lucas. I know how much it hurts to know that your parents hate you and I understand how it feels to be wanted by them. I understand you, yet I acted the way I had. I was just upset that you would hide the truth from me, but if I were in your shoes I probably would've done that same thing. Thank you for being my best friend. And I get it if you're still mad at me," She started to cry.

"Woah, Angie, chill. Like you said, we're best friends," I shrugged. "I'm not mad at you and, if anything, I should be sorry, not you. I chose to keep the truth from you to be with my family, when my real family has always been with me. You, Quinn, and Ginny (you'll find out more about her further along the story) are my only family. I love you more than anyone in the world, except for Quinn." She pulled me into another tight hug.

"Thank you," she said crying into my shoulder. I patted her head, something I always did for her whenever she cried.

Flashback

     Angelina cried alone in the backyard after tripping and falling off her bike. I stood hiding behind a tree. She always seemed to hide her tears. She didn't like anyone seeing her cry. I leaned against a branch to get a closer look at her when it snapped.

     "Who is it?" She gasped and turned towards me. Her eyes widened. she quickly turned around and wiped her eyes. Seeing that I really couldn't avoid the situation, I walked up to her.

     "Hey," I said awkwardly.

     "Did you see?" She asked. I nodded. Tears poured out of her eyes. She leaned into my shoulder and cried harder into it. I, not knowing how to comfort her, patted her head a few times. That seemed to calm her down a little bit. "Why are you being so nice?" she asked suspiciously.

     "We may fight all the time, but at the end of the day we still friends—best friends—and nothing can change that," I answered. I patted her head one more time and she completely stopped crying.

     "Your hand is warm. I don't know why, but it makes me feel better," she leaned her head on my shoulder. She took my hand in her and placed it on top of her head. "I think this is the only way to get me to stop crying," she said smiling at me. That was when I fell for her. That bright smile was just so breathtaking. I promised myself to always keep that smile on her face.

Present time

     "But why are you working as a bartender for Mike," she suddenly asked.

     "Long story," I replied sighing at the memory of how it happened just two hours ago, "But did you know that he liked Janice?"

     "How did you know?" She asked, "Did he tell you?"

     "Nope, but he opened a freaking club just to get a reason to see Janice," I laughed. Her eyes widened.

     "Well, that's romantic," she grinned. I smiled at her, then I saw someone coming down the stairs behind her. She couldn't turn around. She couldn't see him. I wouldn't let him. "Luke?"