Chapter 11

Angelina's POV

     I walked to Luke's office, telling myself over and over again that Luke would never hurt me. I breathed in and out to calm myself down. I wasn't going to cry. I wasn't going to yell. I wasn't going to get angry. I was going to stay calm because Luke would never. I knocked on the door.

     "Come in," Luke said from the other side. I opened the door and walked in slowly. "Angelina," he gasped. He got up from his desk and ran over to me. "Are you okay? Should you be walking around like this? Why didn't you stay in the hospital for a few more days? Come, I'll drive you home," he grabbed his keys and wallet from his desk. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me gently to the door.

     "Luke," he ignored me, "Luke!" He turned around, guilt in his eyes. "It's true?" I asked. His grip tightened on my wrist, but he didn't say anything. "Is it true?" I asked enunciating each word. He directly at my eyes.

     "Angelina, I love you and I would never do anything to hurt you. You have to trust me," He pleaded. I pulled my wrist out of his grasp.

     "Don't touch me," I hissed.

     "No, Angel. Don't do this," he cried.

     "What do you want me to do?" I yelled. "Did you enjoy watching me and my daughter suffer? Did you enjoy me crying when I was too weak to do anything? Did you enjoy me trying to kill myself? Did you enjoy watching me try to murder my own children? Did you enjoy watching me lose one of my children?"

     "No! I didn't—wouldn't do that to you, Angel—"

     "Stop calling me that!" I roared, "I'm done with this. I'm leaving." I turned to the door.

     "She's my sister," he said.

     "Who's your sister?" I asked turning back around.

     "Rachel," he answered, "she's my sister."

     "What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

     "Rachel is my sister," he explained, "My parents adopted her after the incident with Jackson. You know, they still think it's my fault."

Flashback (20 years ago)

    "Come on!" Jackson (age 8) whisper-yelled.

     "We're going to get caught," Angelina (age 7) whispered.

     "Stop being such a scaredy cat," Lucas (age 8) sneered at her. They immediately crouched lower when a maid walked by.

     "Young master Jackson! Young master Lucas! Miss Angelina!" She called. Lucas and Jackson silently giggled while Angelina looked at the maid worriedly.

     "Maybe we should go back. That girl might get in trouble for losing us," Angelina whispered.

     "You can be a scaredy cat and go back. Me and Jackson are going," Lucas whispered back harshly.

     "Luke!" Jackson scolded. "Don't be mean to Angie. Angie, if you want to go back, I'll take you back."

    "No, I'll go by myself," Angelina said. She ran out of the bushes.

     "Just don't rat us out!" Lucas grunted. They crept to the gates and crawled out through a small hole. They were about to cross the street when a black car came to a stop next to them. Two men stepped out.

     "Who are these little brats?" He looked at the children disgustedly, "Scram!" Jackson and Lucas glared at him. Then the other man grabbed their heads and threw the boys to the ground.

     "Boss, I think these are the McDowells' twins," the second man informed the first man.

    "Get them in the car Jerry," the boss replied, "they'll be useful for the trades we have to get from their family."

    "Alright boss," Jerry sneered. He grabbed both boys by their collars and threw them into the back of the car. Jerry wrapped each of their hands with some cloths and pulled a bag over their heads. The car left with both boys in it. three weeks passed. Only one boy came back. The other boy's body wasn't even found, but was proclaimed dead by his parents.

     "He's not dead," the boy told his parents.

     "He is!" They screamed back, "And it is all your fault! You are not our son! You are nothing but a piece a garbage that will bring misfortune to everybody! Leave!"

     The boy was only eight. He had nowhere to go, but an Angel helped him. That Angel saved him. He started to fall for the Angel.

Back to the present

     "Rachel wanted your husband. She said that if I became the scapegoat for her then she would make a place for me in the family. She didn't and I guess that I was too naive to believe that. She sent photos of you and me in bed together to Nathaniel. That is why he divorced you," I stared at him blankly.

     "Rachel, she—she was my friend," that came out more like a question than a statement.

     "Rachel planned all of that even before she became friends with you. Becoming friends with you was part of her plan," Lucas explained.

     "I need to go," I turned to the door.

     "You know he's still alive," he said, "Jackson. He's still alive. You should see him. He is a little different now. But he would want to see you, after all you guys were each others' first love." I didn't turn back; I just walked out.

* * * * *

Please don't hurt me!!!! I'm sooooo sorry that I have been updating.

So my school is coming to an end soon (YAYAYAYAYAY) but then there are finals (BOOOOOO). I've been busy getting ready for finals and I've also been working, so I haven't been able to update.

I can't promise that I can update any faster because my schedule is only going to get busier this summer. I'm going to be working and volunteering at a nursing home. BUT DO NOT WORRY. I WILL NOT STOP UPDATING. I will update as much as I can and Thanks again for reading.

I love ya guys and hope you keep reading.

Make sure you comment and vote. (I would really appreciate the feedback)