Chapter 16

Angelina's POV

     I turned around to see what Luke was looking so intently at. My dad walked down the stairs laughing with a girl that looked familiar. Rachel. My dad looked at her with so much adoration. The way a father would look at their daughter, full of love.

     Even if my parents treated me horribly, I was still their daughter. I wanted to be loved by them. I wanted them to be proud of me. I wanted to be looked at with those loving eyes. I wanted to be accepted by my family. But I wasn't and Rachel was. It was always Rachel. Why? Why her? I was their daughter not her! I was always the top in my class. I was the prim and proper daughter they had always wanted. But Rachel was always better than me. Why was she always better than me? I've always done what my parents wanted me to do. Why couldn't I, their daughter, be loved by them? Was I really that horrible? NO! I've lived my life for them, always. I was not going to let them make me feel like I'm worth nothing anymore. I was going to fight for myself. I wasn't going to let them push me around anymore. I realized that I'm not only going to live for Quinn. I was going to live for myself. I was going to live for the people that loved me and for the people that I loved.

     "Angelina!" Luke called behind me. I ignored him and kept walking towards the demon that I called my father and the sl*t I called my best friend. I grabbed a drink from a tray that a waiter was carrying around. I stood at the bottom of the steps, right in front of them.

     "Angelina! Hi! How are you doing?" The sl*t asked as she walked down with my fa—with David Warren.

     "Oh I'm doing fine. I just came over to give you a message," I gave her the most fakes smile I could manage. I put my arm around her neck and pulled her closer so my mouth was hovering over her ear. "You can have all these fake a$$ b*stards, so don't get in my way anymore. You got what you want so back off before you really get hurt. I'm not going to hold back anymore," I whispered icily into her ear. I acted like I was turning around to leave and then turned to face her again. I poured the drink in my hand all over her head. Her mouth opened in shock. I was pulled harshly to the side.

     Suddenly, a hand came in contact with my cheek. I fell to the ground because of the force that hit me. I looked up to see my dad glaring down at me.

     "You disrespectful little—" my dad was cut off when reporters started to gather around us. I put my hand to my cheek and forced the tears out of my eyes. There were flashes all around me.

     "Mr. Warren, did you just hit your daughter in public?"

     "Mr. Warren, were you just abusing your only daughter?" The reporters started to question him. He stared at the reporters in shock. I mean honestly, you have tone stupid to not realize that reporters were going to be at the opening party of a hot billionaire bachelor. I smiled internally. People started to come to me.

     "Are you alright?"

     "Do think you can stand?" Then I was picked up bridal style by Luke.

    "You totally planned this, right?" He asked, knowing the answer already. I grinned and nodded.