Chapter 23

Angelina's POV

As soon as I got into my hotel room, I jumped on the couch and stretched my legs out. Monica followed behind me as she read my schedule aloud. "You have three hours before the meeting starts," she said.

"Thank you, Monica. I'm going to visit someone before the meeting starts, so you are excused until then. You can get some rest," I told her. She gave me a sympathetic look.

"I already have the car ready for your visit. I felt that's what you would've wanted to do first," she said handing me the key to the car. I gave her a tight hug.

"Thank you Monica. You are truly a great friend."

* * * * *

"How have you been, Ginny?" I smiled sadly at the headstone that read: In loving memory of Guinevere Padovano. "I know I haven't been able to visit you often. Quinn's gotten a lot bigger now. She would've loved you." I sat there for a long time. Ginny took care of the twins and me when we were younger. She was the mom we all never had. Ginny passed before Quinn was born, but I knew they would've loved each other. Ginny would have spoiled her to the point where it would've drove me crazy. Tears dropped down my face as I imagined what could've happened. I wiped them away. I knew that Ginny would have not wanted to see me cry. "I have to go now Ginny," I said standing up, "I don't know when I'll be back to see you. I love you."

While I was thinking about Quinn I decided to give Julie a call to see how they were doing.

"Hi Angie!" Julie answered, "How's Italy? How's the weather? How's the hotel? All good? That's great. Bye!" She quickly hung up the phone, not giving me time to say anything.

"Hello? Hello? Juliette? Hello?" I looked at my screen. She hung up. That's weird. My phone started to vibrate. I looked at the screen: Janice. "Hey Janice. What's up?" I asked.

"Hey Angie. You said that you left Quinn with Julie right?" She asked, making me worry now.

"Yeah. I knew you were going to be busy so I dropped Quinn off at Julie's before getting on the plane," I replied.

"Um, alright."

"Why? Is there something wrong?"

"I'm not sure. I'm doing a photoshoot at the mall and on my break I thought I saw Quinn here with a man. And that man happened to look a lot like Nathaniel. I had to get back to work so I couldn't really follow them so I wanted to call you to make sure."

"Wait what did you say?"

"There's no way Nathaniel could have Quinn right? I mean, it's not like Nathaniel knows Juliette."

"Janice, Juliette is Nathaniel's sister."

"Well, that's just great."

"I guess I'm going home sooner than I expected."

* * * * *

I walked in the conference room. The board members were already in their seats. "Good morning everyone. My name is Angelina Warren. I am the CEO of Q's Company." The meeting continued and everyone seemed pretty satisfied with everything at the end. The meeting ended and I hurried out to my car to get to the airport before Monica stopped me. "There's someone who wants to meet you Angelina," Monica said.

"Well, they're going to have to reschedule because I'm gonna miss my flight," I replied.

"I'll reschedule your meeting then," Monica nodded, "Have a safe flight home."

I made it to the airport on time and got on the plane. I sat in my seat not being able to sit still. Ten hours until I made it home. Ten hours of knowing my Quinn was with Nathaniel.

As soon as I landed, I went to Juliette's house. I rang the doorbell. No reply. I rang it again. I heard someone walking around behind the door. The door then swung open. Juliette stood at the door with her pajamas on yawning. "Angelina! You're here. Weren't you supposed to be back tomorrow night?" She asked.

"Where's Quinn?" I asked.

"It's four in the morning. She's obviously asleep," she said not being able to make eye contact.

"Stop lying. Where is she?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. He was only going to spend time with her while you were gone. He was going to bring her back before you came..." she went silent with wide eyes as if she said something she wasn't supposed to. I turned around to walk out of the house.

"I'm sorry too. I'm sorry that I ever trusted you. Where is he?"

I drove to Nathaniel's house. I stormed up the steps and vigorously rang the doorbell repeatedly and banged on his door. One of his maids opened the door. I pushed past her and walked in. It was the same house that we lived in before we divorced. I made my way to the room we used to use trying not to remember the past. No one was in there. Everything was the way it used to be. The bed, the chairs, my vanity, even the makeup on my vanity. Our wedding picture was still there too. In the frame, on the small table next to our bed. I shook my head and chased all thoughts of past memories. I heard someone laugh behind me. I spun around to see Rachel standing in the doorway. "Are you touched that he kept everything the same way? Getting emotional that he couldn't get over you?"

"Where is he?" I glared at her. She just smiled and shrugged her shoulders. I pushed past her and went downstairs. I asked the old maid, Carla, if she knew where he was. She gave me pulled me into a hug and gave me a sad smile. She then gave me the address for his vacation home.