Chapter 22

Nathaniel's POV

"She'll never know!" I yelled. "Let me just take her for the next two days. I'll bring her back before Angelina comes back."

Juliette shook her head, "I'm not gonna betray Angie's trust. I'm on her side, not your's in this matter. You walked out on her, not the other way around, so if you want to take Quinn you have to ask Angie."

"Please, please let me take her. I'll bring her back before Angel comes home. Please let me be a father for just two days." I pleaded. I saw Juliette breaking a little bit.

She sighed. "You better bring her back before Angie returns and you better take care of Quinn. One scratch on her and I'll get you before Angie does. And be careful; Angie cannot find out. Hating you won't be new, but she'll hate me too. I don't want my best friend hating me." I nodded my head enthusiastically.

* * * * *

I strapped Quinn into the carseat. "Where do you want to go first princess?" I asked her. "What do you want to do? We're going to do everything you want." She smiled at me.

"Okay then. Let's first go to the mall so I can spoil you," I kissed her on her forehead and hopped in the driver's seat. We bought about fifty pieces of clothing and a bunch of other stuff, but nothing is too much for my princess. I followed Quinn around the mall as she picked out more stuff, when something caught my eye. I looked through the window of the jewelry store. It was a small necklace. It was a small clear ball with little blue flowers in it. The lady working inside came out.

"Hi. I see that you are looking at out Forget-Me-Not Necklace. The small flowers inside are forget-me-not flowers which symbolizes true love. This is one of a kind. There is a story behind this necklace. It is said that the creator made it for his wife, but she passed before he could give it to her. Then he died of a heartbreak. His children then sold it. Whoever you gift this necklace to will fall in love with you even with the worst of enemies." She explained.

"I'll buy it," I handed her my card. She returned with my card and a small bag.

"What's that?" Quinn asked.

"It's a present for your mom," I answered. Quinn gave a cute little toothy grin. "Come on let's get something to eat."

Juliette's POV

I stood in the doorway of Quinn's room. My brother was sleeping next to her with his arms tightly wrapped around her. I sighed. This is his fault, but I can't help but think that he also deserves to be with his kid.

The next morning he suddenly decided that he wants to take Quinn with him. "She'll never know!" He yelled. "Let me just take her for the next two days. I'll bring her back before Angelina comes back."

I shook my head, "I'm not gonna betray Angie's trust. I'm on her side, not your's in this matter. You walked out on her, not the other way around, so if you want to take Quinn you have to ask Angie."

"Please, please let me take her. I'll bring her back before Angel comes home. Please let me be a father for just two days." he pleaded.

This is his fault. Angelina wouldn't have been heartbroken, Alex wouldn't have died in the womb, and Quinn would've had a father. This is what he did to himself. But I can't help but feel bad for him. I sighed. "You better bring her back before Angie returns and you better take care of Quinn. One scratch on her and I'll get you before Angie does. And be careful; Angie cannot find out. Hating you won't be new, but she'll hate me too. I don't want my best friend hating me." I know what I'm doing is wrong, but I really want to give him a chance.

I waved at them as they drove away. I closed the door and felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I took it out and looked at the screen: Angie. Crap.

"Hi Angie!" I answered, "How's Italy? How's the weather? How's the hotel? All good? That's great. Bye!" I quickly hung up the phone, not giving her time to say anything. I'm acting too suspicious. I thought to myself. Ugh. Whatever. 

(Since it's been a while I will update two parts this week.)