Epilogue

It had been a year and a half. We were at the Moretti mansion for lunch, discussing the plans for Gigi's wedding. Oh wait, did I mention Gigi and Andrew patched up? It came as a surprise to no one. Andrew left his parents and decided to marry Gigi. He went ahead with his decision despite his family's opposition. But, eventually his family reconciled when they found out that the Morettis had mended their old ways. Leo's dad had officially announced that they were retiring, and turning over a new leaf, and giving up a life of crime. His father invested in many companies which made profit. He shifted into marble importing, which was quite profitable. Nico went in for something dramatic, he opened his own chain of pizzerias which honestly accounted for the major chunk of revenue of Moretti family. It is wildly famous for the delicious food, the whacky decor and also for the ethically sourced organic ingredients. The most famous pizza interestingly was called Meg-gherita, yes it was named after me. It is actually a funny story, he forgot I was a vegetarian and realised he had no vegetarian pizza. It made him feel guilty that I had to eat plain bread. So, he made a vegetarian pizza for me and named it Meg-gherita. It used some kind of secret sauce which has a separate fanbase. It was a huge win for vegetarians honestly. Life was good. I had a pizza named after me, I was winning at life.

Gigi continued with her veterinary practice. She and Andrew brought a beach villa and lived with their rescued animals. Their fussy cat Princess had taken a strange liking towards Leo. I was totally in love with this adorable grey Pitt bull named Stormy who would get me a piece of wood as a gift during her walks.

Alex got a modelling gig. Unbelievable, I know. It's an interesting story too. So, it was Amy's birthday party and she'd invited all her friends. By the way, Amy was a news reporter now, she had her own segment in the Trinity Today, I was so proud of my girl. Anyway back to my story... so, at her party, she'd invited her colleagues and friends from TV industry. She introduced Alex to a friend of his, a reality TV producer, who felt that Alex would make an amazing model. His tattoos, his long hair and mixed Japanese-Italian heritage were so underrepresented in mainstream media. So, Alex made it big too. Few months ago, he waked the ramp of Trinity Fashion Week. He and Amy were obviously going strong. They'd moved in together and they were talking about the possibility of having a child. There was a lot to decide, and it wasn't fixed yet, but they were considering adoption and I was elated.

What about Leo and I? well, we went on as usual. I did my weddings and kept myself busy. Initially, we didn't meet that much because he was hiding and I was busy with my work. Later, as things cooled down we could meet more. After Amy had vacated our shared flat to move in with Alex, Leo temporally moved in with me. We kinda liked the arrangement so he stuck around. Living with him was so nice. He kept my home tidier. Sure, we had arguments about important things like which bedsheet fabric is the softest? It was silly, peaceful but nice too.

My parents were still coming in terms with our relationship. But having been ardent fans of Nico's pizzeria, their views on Leo softened. I was so afraid to introduce him to my family. It was the twins' birthday when I got Leo home. He gifted Riya a necklace and Ritesh matching cufflinks for their prom. It was adorable. My parents loved him too. The more they met him, they realised such a wonderful person he was, how perfect he was for me, how deeply in love we were. Soon, he was also a part of our Diwali celebrations. Leo was always curious about my culture and its practices. He would ask my dad so many questions about our customs and traditions and respect it. My parents loved that he was trying so much to understand my culture. Soon, they came to accept him completely. He still hadn't decided what he should do next. He was waiting till Gigi's wedding.

Emily was fine too. Not much had changed in her life, except that she'd adopted a dog, a cocker spaniel puppy, whose mother died while giving birth. Gigi had rescued the puppies and was trying to find homes for the three pups that survived. One of the pups, named Ginger was adopted by Emily. She said her life was complete with Ginger. The two of them had spa trips together and went on holidays. I guess, even she found love in her life.

"Come with me." Leo whispers in my ear, snapping me out of my thoughts.

We were at the dining table. The others were engrossed in a discussion. Gigi was showing them pictures of her potential bridesmaid outfit choices. I got up and followed Leo. His tone sounded urgent and I wondered what could it be?

"We need to talk." He said sheepishly ruffling his hair. "It is about our wedding."

Yes, our wedding was in plans. But a lot had to be sorted out. We waited until Gigi's wedding was done. I had to wrap up two of my clients' wedding too.

"What about it?"

He grabbed my hand and led me towards his car. "I'll tell you on the way." He said. "We're going somewhere."

That was the only explanation he gave. Guess, I'd have to wait to know.

Leo took me to this huge property of his guarded by heavy gates. He led me inside as I followed him.

"This is what I'm planning." He said. "Tell me how it is."

He opened the gates and led me inside a greenhouse. There were roses all in bloom of various shades of pinks, reds, whites and yellows. There were orchids and so many other flowers arranged beautifully. Trellis and hanging plants adorned the room. There was a huge fountain in the middle too. It looked like a scene from a fairy tale to be honest, it was breathtaking.

"Rosabella is back in business." He said. "I'm continuing it. I realised this is my calling, and this is what I'm going to do."

"Leo." I said as I hugged him. 'I'm so proud of you."

This was truly amazing. He had been working day and night over this. And, it was simply marvellous. The flowers were blooming so beautifully.

"This is going to be our the place where we will have our wedding."

It was clear, this was the place. It held a sentimental value to both of us. It was beautiful and quirky too. I close my eyes and imagine — Leo and I, at our wedding, dressed up and taking our vows. We could even arrange an outdoor setup for and Indian style wedding with a fire alter too. This place was perfect.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Think of it, you and me, taking our vows in front of this fountain. The roses and flowers blooming around us." I said pulling him near the fountain. "... saying I do."

He leaned closer, "I do." As he kissed me.

It would be so perfect and romantic, just the way I'd always imagined it to be. Leo and I were getting married, there is so much to look forward to in my life.

There is always something better to look forward to.

#