20.

It was weekend and Amy and I got dressed up

It was weekend and Amy and I got dressed up. Amy wore a tight gold and black dress with matching heels while I wore a red belted jumpsuit with a deep neckline and paired them with my red heels. It had been a while since I'd been to to a nightclub so I took this opportunity to dress up. And if by chance I ran into Bianca, I wanted her to burn with envy. So, yeah I couldn't miss this opportunity.

We entered the swanky nightclub when we got past the bouncer. The jarring music and neon beams of lights were blaring in ever corner. The place smelled horrible of human sweat, smoke and synthetic perfume. Ugh, I remembered why I never came to nightclubs... they were so cramped up.

Amy found someone and told him why were we here. The man made his way inside a covered and secluded booth at the end of the dancefloor. We were tempted to make our way to the dance floor or drink a little but since we were technically working, we decided it was better to finish the interview first. The guy approached us and led us to the booth.

I felt a little giddy with fear. This was exactly like the liar used to cover up shady deals. I just hoped that they wouldn't have dead bodies around. When we entered I was relieved. But as soon as my vision adjusted to the dim lighting, I recieved the biggest shock.

There were a group of people sitting around an old man. Judging from his stuck up face – resembling Bianca's stuck-up face – I knew this was Don DeLuca. But what the fuck were Alex and Leo doing here? I swear my jaw was about to fall on the floor. My gaze met Leo's and he looked back without even a hint of emotion. Did we interrupt some super secret mafia business?

"Miss Amy Williams, it is a pleasure to meet you." Don DeLuca got up and outstreached his hand towards Amy. Amy shook his hand confidently. "And may I know who is this beautiful lady in red? She seems to be acquainted with my associate over here."

Leo's eyes widened with surprise. He did not expect DeLuca to find out that we knew each other. But since he knows, I guess it is better to not lie.

"I am Meg, Gigi's friend and wedding planner. And I'm Amy scribe tonight." I said. Don DeLuca shook my hand.

Leo looked relieved.

"Please take a seat." He said.

I took a seat diagonally opposite to Leo.  He looked like he'd seen a ghost. Alex bent down and whispered something to Leo.

"I'm going to get some drinks. Does anyone want something?" Alex said, getting up and fastening his jacket button. "Amy?" He asked.

"Huh? Get me something citrusy." Amy said. "And get something with a straw for Meg. She'd be writing."

Alex gave a nod and disappeared. Amy started with the interview and I strained my eyes in the dim light and struggled to write everything that DeLuca was saying.

Alex got our drinks and Leo abruptly got up. He told that he was going to meet Bianca. Alex followed him as well. Watching Leo go made me feel that tug in my heart once again.