Chapter Thirty-Six: The...End?

"Don't try to chase me. I'm not ready to be touched again." A voice called down the hall.

Layla lifted her head, standing. "Did...anybody else hear that?"

"No." Hank said quickly as he stood up.

"I heard nothing." Charles muttered.

"All these old guys on the wall. Who lives here Calista Flockhart?" The voice shouted again.

A loud crash sounded down the hall. "Those were already damaged after they fell there!"

"You've got to be kidden me. Those are irreplaceable, and now it's just...gone!" Charles uttered, throwing his hand in the air.

"Oh, so you do hear the noise! Why, isn't anybody going to see who's here?" Layla asked in an irritated tone as she pointed to the open doors, leading down the hall.

Everyone, including Peter looked away.

"Trust me, you don't want to meet this guy." Hank reassured.

"He's worse than, Peter." Scott said.

Layla opened her mouth to speak, but shut it when the stranger spoke again.

"What am I supposed to do around here, anyway? Sit in a share circle, talk about my feelings and how would I do that, exactly? Cause where the fuck is everyone?" The voice argued as a whirring noise and heavy footsteps followed.

"Okay, that's it. I'm going to look. Can't believe you all are just gonna allow some...random person to waltz in." Layla said, rolling her eyes.

"Layla, that's not a good idea." Hank said.

"Oh gawd, why. Why, is he even here?" Charles said as he planted his face in his hands.

Layla peeked around the corner, watching as a man came wheeling down the hall with one of Charles's wheelchair as Colossus came stomping after him. The sight was a bit funny, and the man Colossus was chasing wore a green hoodie with some type of cat shirt while one leg was crossed over his knee. Stepping away, Layla glanced at Charles, smirking. "He's in one of your wheelchairs whoever he is."

"Damn, the man." Charles uttered.

Layla peeked around the corner again, continuing to watch the scene unfold. Nothing this exciting had happened in quite a long time, and Layla wanted to know who this...odd man was. He continued spinning around the room in Charles's wheelchair and Colossus appeared angrier by the second.

"It's always just you, Negasonic teenage longest name ever."

Colossus grabbed the wheelchair tightly, and the man gasped. "I said no touching!"

Unfortunately, Colossus did not care and he threw the man out of the wheelchair.

"Oh, ow!" Layla said, flinching.

"What, what's happened?" Peter asked from behind.

"Oh, he got thrown off the wheelchair."

"What the fuck." He trailed as he straightened his jacket, looking rather pissed off.

"Is he ever going to leave?" Charles asked.

"Clock is ticking here." Hank said, looking down at his watch.

While the man continued to rant about...whatever Layla looked at the others behind her. "What is your problem. What has this person done, or better yet, who is this person? Because clearly, I have missed out on something."

"He's a mutant." Charles began.

"His name is Wade Wilson and he's annoying as hell." Hank said.

"But a mutant none the less. And he's always talking to himself as if others are watching." Charles said.

"They can't just dust off one of the famous X-Men? How bout' that putz with the giant pigeon wings? What do those do anyway, huh? Or how about that...girl with the glowing purpley eyes?" He asked, looking rather annoyed.

"Purpley eyes?" Layla asked as she stepped around the corner.

"Layla, no!" Charles said.

"What? So, there...are more of you!" The man gasped as he looked behind Layla. "What the hell!"

"Oh gawd." Colossus groaned.

"What? Is this, not part of the story? Well, you know what," The man said as he turned, facing the wall. "Excuse us one second, everyone while we take a momentary break. Things will resume shortly. Thank you." He said as he blew a kiss.

Layla drew her brows together. "Who are you talking to?" She asked.

"That doesn't matter. What matters right now is you joining my amazing team! Trust me it'll be way more fun than hanging around with these guys!" The man scoffed.

"Umm...look I just wanted to see what was going on, and because you said I had purpley eyes."

"Lovely, purpley eyes. Did I mention that?"

"Right? Well, I'm going to have to pass on the offer, but,"

"Oh, come on! Please! It'll be an experience you'll never forget!"

"No, that's okay. You know what," Layla said as she stepped back. "I'm going to step through this door, and pretend none of this happened. Okay? Okay."

"You know what I will remember this day, and when you came crawling to me for help,"

"I won't."

"I will not! Will not! Help you or blue boy in the back!" The man shouted before turning away. Taking a deep breath, he straightened his jacket, resuming his normal position. "Alright, let's finish with this scene."

"They can't just dust off one of the famous X-Men? How bout' that putz with the giant pigeon wings? What do those do anyway, huh? Carry him three feet off the ground to snatch up the nearest muffin crumb? No, no, no, no." The man said.

Slowly and quietly, Hank closed the doors, sighing in relief.

"Thank gawd, that's over with!" Charles said.

"Yeah, why, Layla?" Peter asked, shrugging.

"What, I had to know. Now, I know." Layla said, tucking her hands in her pocket as she shrugged.