Chapter Twenty-Five: Rage

"I sent to have your parents killed back in 1970." Those haunting words echoed in her mind. 

Layla's eyes danced between the wall behind Stryker while she mentally dug back to that painstaking day, like a filing cabinet. That memory, the one she would never forget, was embedded in her mind and never did she forget or miss any details. No one had been in front of behind them except for....

"The car passing us." She mumbled lowly to herself as her face paled. 

"I'm sorry come again?" Stryker's sarcastic tone asked, while he held one hand up to his ear. 

The memory of the car in the other lane vividly flashed in her mind as if she were right back inside the back seat of her parent's car. The red Chevy Z28 had been a beat up piece of shit that had seen one too many injuries with a dent on it's front bumper, and a busted headlight. That was all she could recall of the car, but she remembered the driver looking just as frightened as she. Though dark shades covered the driver's face, the look of shock was apparent on his features when he saw that her father's car was in his lane. 

"Unless," She mentally thought in deep concentration. 

Her eyebrows were knit together in deep thought and without realizing she chewed roughly on her lower lip, oblivious to the fact that she had torn skin. Looking back on the one memory she tried not to ponder sent a whirlwind of emotion flooding through her. As always, guilt came first but right now she couldn't allow that emotion to consume her. She wouldn't allow that emotion to be seen in front of Stryker as much as the ache painfully squeezed her chest. Once she put all the pieces of the puzzle together, she flicked her dark, angry eyes to Stryker. He stood before her with a malicious, cat like smile plastered on his face when he saw realization flash in her eyes. His eyes glistened with eager anticipation for her next words and the asshole even took a bold step toward her. 

"Go ahead. Say it. I know you've figured it out." Stryker chuckled, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"He had been shocked our car winded up in the other lane." Layla spoke, trying her best to hide her shaky voice. Her hands that were tightly bound above her head fisted tightly, and her toes curled, cracking as they uncurled. Rage coursed through her veins, consuming her. 

" Correct. You're quicker than I thought. If only your father had been that quick. Then maybe things could have ended differently. Although, wait," Stryker shamefully began with a frown. He leaned back on his heels, pointing a neat finger at Layla. "You tipped the car over, correct? So...," He drawled, looking deep in thought as he lowered his eyes to the concrete beneath his boots. "You caused the accident, correct? Not my men." He innocently plead as he placed a hand over his heart and stared at her with saddened eyes.

Layla grit her teeth, biting the inside of her cheek till she tasted blood. Her body hummed, vibrated in anger and it took all the energy she had to keep her hands steady. 

"You know," Stryker spoke as he took another brave step toward her. He touched a nerve with her and he could see the spark in her eyes. To him it was all a game, and he was taking great joy in it at the moment. It was difficult for him not to laugh at the joy and high he was currently feeling. "I should thank you. You took the blood right off my hands. Washed it clean off." He grinned as he wiped his hands, raising them in the air.

Layla roared. There had been no scream. Only an animalistic, heart wrenching roar that filled the room, causing the guards to cover their ears at the piercing noise. Her hands shook violently and yanked at her chains like a crazed woman all while eyeing Stryker with deadly eyes. She imagined all the horrible things she would do to him if she had her powers. Stryker threw his head back, laughing like a mad scientist. Layla's outburst further amused him. He had been disappointed and downright angry his plan hadn't gone his way. But this, torturing the daughter of the man he loathed had been a better treat than any. 

LaylaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara