Chapter 7: Truths

Start from the beginning

Edward snaps his eyes toward her from Bella Swan as he sees the thoughts. His lips part in surprise as Rosalie raises an eyebrow curiously. 

"I... I'm sorry," Rae squeaks, Alice notvies Caleb's worried glance as he watches. "I... gotta go!" She runs off.

"Edward, what did you see in her mind?" Marianna asks.

"She..." Edward is flabbergasted, speechless.

"Edward!" Alice squeaks as she turns to her brother. "What did you see in my mate's mind?"

"Raelynn just saw every thought Rosalie ever has with one touch," Edward says. "Like Aro."

"Every..." Rosalie's golden eyes widen. "Even...?"

"That's why she ran off," Edward says as he sighs. "She saw everything."

Alice whimpers slightly. Jasper feels her fear.

"Raelynn wasn't scared of us because we're vampires," Jasper says. "She was more... worried." 

"Worried?" Alice looks at the empath. "Worried about what?"

"I don't know, Alice, I couldn't read her mind," Jasper muses. "Edward, did you see anything?"

"I know what worried her," Caleb says as he walks over. "She's scared Alice won't look at her the same way after she did that... And now you guys know."

"But I would never look at her differently," Alice squeaks. "She's unique, I like that about her."

"And apparently so are you," Caleb smiles. "Talk to her, let her know you don't see her any different."

Rosalie rushes in front of Caleb before he can leave. "How much of that did you hear?"

"Enough," Caleb replies. "But don't worry, your guys' secret is safe with me. Not mine to share." Caleb walks away.

"What about Raelynn?" Emmett asks.

"I'll talk to her in art," Alice coos. "Let her know I don't see her differently... and make sure she keeps our secret."

"Good luck, A," Marianna coos and she puts a hand on Alice's bicep.

Alice smiles at Marianna kindly.
⚪️⚪️⚪️▫️⚪️⚪️⚪️

Rae finishes her drawing in art, it's of different shapes and forms of lips

"Those are good," Alice compliments.

"Tha...thank you," Raelynn mumbles. "I'm sorry about this morning..."

"It's all right," Alice coos. "About what you saw..."

"As long as you guys don't eat me, your secret is safe with me," Raelynn murmurs.

Alice chuckles a little. "We won't eat you." She finishes off her drawing of a fairy.

"When would you like to come over?" Alice asks

"When would you like to come over?" Alice asks. "You know... for answers?"

"Tomorrow?" Raelynn offers. "My gloves will be dry tonight."

The bell rings, signaling the end of class.

"You can come over after school," Alice says once they're in the hallway. "You'll be safe with us. No judgement. You won't need your gloves, Raelynn."

"I'll talk to Caleb about driving Carla home," Rae says as they reach the cafeteria, she sees her siblings sitting together. "I'll let you know in gym."

Alice nods and she squeezes Rae's shoulder before she walks to her table. Rae blushes slightly as she walks to the table where her siblings are.

"Carla, could you ride home with Caleb today?" Rae asks.

"I can, but why?" Carla asks.

"Alice invited me over," Rae says with a blush.

"Oh, are you blushing?" Caleb teases, Emmett smirks from the Cullen table.

"Shut up, Caleb," Raelynn mutters.

"Of course I'll ride home with Caleb," Carla chirps. "You go to Alice's."

Raelynn smiles. "Thank you."

Carla smiles and she continues to eat. Caleb smirks slightly as he eats, too.