30 - Past Will Always Catchup.

Namjoon looked out the car window to see the busy streets of Seoul. It has been some time since he came out of the quite and peaceful countryside.

Namjoon was one of the best students that has passed through the police academy. After he ended his mandatory service period at a rural countryside, everyone expected him to join the big leagues or administration offices. And to be honest, Namjoon though like that too.

But then he met Jin and fell in love with him. Jin has lived his whole life in the countryside and absolutely hates the busy buzz and the loud noises of the big cities.

And to Namjoon, nothing is more important than Jin's happiness. So he requested to be permanently stationed there and started his family with Jin and Taehyung, giving up his very promising career for love.

Today, he has to attend a seminar for countrywide chiefs of police stations and it is in the police headquarters in Seoul. Namjoon came to Seoul yesterday as the seminar is due to start in the early morning.

After the seminar, there is to be a lunch and all the the attendees were busy reconnecting with their friends. Namjoon also found few of his friends from the academy who were delighted to see him again.

After the lunch, they were walking around, sharing what was going on with their lives and other stuff. As they walked by one of the notice boards, Namjoon stopped to look at it. This particular board is full of photos of people.

"Jackson, are these all wanted criminals?" Namjoon asked from one of his friends as he carefully eyed the board.

"Pretty much.. there are few others also." Jackson replied with a shrug.

Only the years of training that Namjoon had prevented him from gasping out loud when he saw Jungkook's photo there. He took few deep breaths to calm himself before speaking up.

"Really!! What has this guy done?" Namjoon asked carefully in an indifferent tone as to not arouse any suspicion.

"This guy!? Well, he's a special case, I suppose. I wish I could tell you what he has done but we also don't know. All we know is that almost all the thugs in Seoul is desperate to find him." Mark, another one of Namjoon's good friends, explained.

"Yeah, we caught a low life thug and recovered this photo from him. The guy's name is Jeon Jungkook and he's a graduate from SNU. Reports says that he's smart as hell. But that's all we could get. I mean his record is squeaky clean, looks like a good fella. The story is that our good ol' pal Sunghoon, is looking for him. It seems that he has put a hefty prize on this poor guy's head. Tough luck." Jackson said, shaking his head.

"Sunghoon?!! From the Red Dragon?!" Namjoon said in soft voice, his heart dreaded with fear.

"Yeah, the very same." Jackson gave him a concerned look. "You look.. uhh... worried."

Shit!! Namjoon thought fast to come up with an answer. "Nuh.... I just felt bad for the guy. He kind of reminds me of my brother-in-law. His face looks too innocent to be mixed up with a gang like Red Dragon."

"That it does." Jackson agreed. "But you will never know. Maybe he's even a bigger devil."

Namjoon was saved from further conversation on this topic when two more people joined them.

"Hi Namjoon, I was looking for you." One of them said while Namjoon gave a salute to him.

"Hello professor Kang. It's good to see you too sir." Namjoon replied with a smile to the man who was one of his favourite teachers at the academy.

"This is Lee Kungmin, our head of technical department." Professor Kang introduced the other man and Namjoon shook his hand politely.

"I'm Kim Namjoon. It's a pleasure to meet you sir." Namjoon gave a slight bow also.

"Kim Namjoon?? The one who asked for a specialist assistance few months ago, but then withdrew the request?" Mr Lee asked with a curious tone.

"Ah.. yes sir. We were able to fix it ourselves." Namjoon replied, successfully hiding his panicked status.

After some more idle chatting and asking Namjoon whether he changed his mind about returning to Seoul, the two big shots left.

Namjoon was supposed to spend another night in Seoul and return next day morning but he couldn't. His heart was filled with fear as he left the headquarters.

Namjoon was so distracted that he didn't even see a stranger, looking at him with utmost interest. A stranger, who has heard the group talk about Jungkook and also has heard about the withdrawn tech support request .

A stranger, who managed to connect the dots close enough to see the possibility of the picture that they were looking for and who was currently dialling a number.

"Hello, Mr Sunghoon..... I'm not sure but I may have some good news for you."

_____________________________________

Everyone was gathered at Jin's house. It was not at all planned but just happened like that. First Jimin came to see Taehyung and Jin invited him to stay for dinner. When Yoongi called to ask about his whereabouts, Jimin told him that he's at Jin's place for dinner.

Naturally, Jin invited him and ofcause his partner, Hoseok. Jungkook came after work so all of them were having a good time.

They had their dinner and was now sitting around in the living room, making idle chat when they heard a vehicle stop at the house.

Jin knew that Namjoon was supposed to get back only tomorrow but got up from his seat and went to open the door nevertheless.

"Joonie!! I thought you were coming tomorrow." Jin exclaimed as he gave a hug to his husband.

Namjoon didn't say anything and gave only a small smile but Jin has been married to him long enough to tell that something is really wrong, just by looking at his husband's face.

Namjoon walked in to the living room and everyone welcomed him cheerfully but his eyes was only on Jungkook. Jin followed him closely and put a hand on his shoulder before speaking up.

"Joonie? Is everything ok?" Jin asked softly and everyone else seems to notice the strange atmosphere in the room too.

Namjoon kept on staring at Jungkook. The look was not harsh or intimidating. It was soft and trusting but full of questions. Jungkook slowly got up from the sofa as they continued their staring match and Taehyung slightly moved to his side, which Jungkook understood as a show of support.

"Kook." Namjoon's voice was very soft and Jungkook felt his heart tag at that. "Why is Sunghoon of Red Dragon after you?"

Jungkook was stilled for few seconds from shock before his legs gave up and he fell back on to the sofa. He closed his eyes and covered his face with his hands. He didn't know how his past got caught up with him and dreaded how things will be changed now.

Taehyung didn't know what Red Dragon was but he recognised the name. He has seen the name in Jungkook's journal. That's the guy Jungkook has been running from.

"R-red Dragon?!! The biggest mafia gang in Korea??" Yoongi asked with a shaky voice and Hoseok's face was pale with fear.

Jin and Taehyung, who were the only ones who previously didn't had an inkling about the terrors of that name, gasped at Yoongi's words. Taehyung sat down next to Jungkook and wrapped his arms around him in a protective hug.

"Hey... it's ok... everything will be ok..." Taehyung whispered in to his boyfriend's ear as he ran a comforting had up and down Jungkook's back.

"Kook." Namjoon prompted again and Taehyung looked up at him with pleading eyes.

Although Namjoon's heart ached at the look Taehyung gave him, he knew he had to continue. That's the only way he can make sure the safety of his loved ones, Jungkook included.

Jungkook was silent for about a minute before raising his head up to look at Namjoon and the elder gave an encouraging smile.

Jungkook slowly ran his hand over his face before speaking up.

"I fell in love with his sister and he killed her infront of me."