"I'm sorry about what I said earlier, I was just in a lot of pain," I apologize, thankful when he just waves it off.

"It's okay, it's Casper you should be worried about. He hates it when people tell him to shut up," Micah tells me with a soft boyish smile that gets to me.

Putting his pencil down he stands from his desk, slipping out of his Crimson blazer with the silver Beta medal and his name tag above his breast pocket. Throwing it on the back of his chair, he comes to me and places his hand around my side. Letting me lean on him as he walks me to the spare bed with the rabbit on it.

"How are you feeling?" Micah asks as I slowly sit down on the edge of the bed with a sigh.

"I'm alright, just a little sore," I tell him and he joins me on the bed, kicking off his shoes.

"Just a little sore huh?" He catches my lie and I roll my eyes before collapsing on the small pillow, curiously toying with the small rabbit.

"What's this?" I ask him and Micah picks it up, gently holding it like a fragile baby in his palms.

"This is Mika, it was our mom's only friend growing up until he met our father. He told us he got it from our great grandfather and it was named after our great great grandfather," Micah explains with such a soft glow about him that I can hardly imagine how anyone saw him as dangerous.

"My brothers and I are very close, we kind of have to be since everyone's so scared of us. So we're each other only friends in a sense. I think mom knew that so he gave Mika to us as a good luck charm. Maybe make us a little less lonely," Micah adds and I absorb every word.

Dear Goddess, someone needs to protect these boy's hearts at all costs.

Oh wait, that's probably my job now.

Shit, that's a lot of pressure.

Micah remains quiet for a few moments but the silence isn't awkward, it's comforting to be in his calm presence as he toys with Mika's tiny crimson-colored clothing.

"I know it's not easy to be mated to the three of us and I'm sorry about that. We're a chaotic energy that can be overwhelming at times and we're not the best at communicating how we really feel about things," Micah warns and I now know he's the only triplet who wears his heart on his sleeve.

I carefully place my hand on his knee, hoping he won't push me away. To my surprise, he takes it into his own soft hands instead and leans his head to kiss the tops of my knuckles. The skin flooding from the tingles of his lips that has my stomach spinning in summersaults.

"I don't mind, being mated to the three of you," I quietly mention and Micah's sincere smile is everything as he gives my hand a gentle squeeze before he pushes my dirty hair back. Kissing my forehead without hesitation and stands up again.

"Get some rest love, I have to go find my brothers but I'll be back soon to check on you," he says and I feel my cheeks heating up once again at his soft velvety voice calling me love as though I'm as precious as their Mika.

When he leaves, I'm left alone on the bottom bunk in the Crimson trio's room. Although I miss Micah's company I'm thankful for the time alone to finally get some rest.

After a nap, I go ahead and sneak away to my room at the end of the hall. The home of a single bed squished between two walls seemed so pitiful and lonely now that I have the triplets. I go into the dresser and pull out a faded Lotus royal purple cotton shirt with two little holes in it and a pair of ill-fitting black sweats. Walking to the communal bathroom, after a hot shower washes out the remaining seawater and returns my soft curls. It takes time and patience to scrub the dirt from my skin and it's not gone until my skin is rubbed raw.