Chapter 14: A Dark Creature's Evolution

Start from the beginning

So you call me, then you judge my appearance. You foolish little human. Who do you think created me?” It floated aimlessly in front of me, a cloud of smoke seethed from of its mouth as it talked with a choking laugh. I knew who it was talking about, and that still didn't answer the raging question of why there was blood speckled across its mouth and claw-like hands.

Oh, this,” it raised its bony hands and then licked them with a grin, “Just a snack. Don't worry it's not your mother's.” It said with a hearty laugh.

I grimaced at all the possibilities of whose blood that could possibly belong to, but silently thanked whatever God was listening that it wasn't my mother's. I closed my eyes and sighed heavily, this next question was going to kill me.

"So then, whose blood does it belong to, Creature? And where is my mother!?" I gulped down heavy air that was building up within my air way, and listened carefully at the Creatures' next response with dread.

"Why do you insist on calling me Creature, little foolish boy? I do have a name. Kids these days..." it went silent and sighed if it could and made a gesture of a oncoming headache. 

"If you must know, this lovely substance belongs to the creature that was laying quietly in here. That is until your mother dropped in and surprised the little..Well, not really little, but the fellow was a bit peeved that she did so. And thus, here I am and not your mother. Tough one she is-" The Creature continued to ramble on, and soon I knew there was a tick coming on, and I was slightly getting irritated at the annoyances. 

"So, Creature," I called its attention again; calling it the name it so despised, gaining its' attention quick, "Where is she?!" My voice got louder, thus echoing in the vast hole. Which I soon heard an others' voice call out from below.

"She's down there, isn't she?" I asked irritatingly, and folded my arms over my chest. 

The Creature just laughed in response, scratching the back of its' head with its grotesque feather covered claw. Without a warning the Creature plucked me off the wall and headed down further to where the voice had called out from. At first I was scared for my life, since the Creature basically just ripped me off the wall, rope still in contact, but not for long. Its' claws was wrapped tightly around my torso, but not quite squeezing me to were I had to try and breathe. The smell wasn't that bad to top it off, and the feathers that wrapped themselves around its' body was very soft to the touch. 

I shook my head, and glared at the Creature. Ah, I shouldn't call it that anymore, huh? I kept glaring, but soon my glare turned into a confused glance, gaining the attention from the Creature it slowed its advance and if it could starred at me with a confused gleam. 

"What boy?" It sneered, and hovered in its spot, making me feel a little uncomfortable in the situation I just put myself in. 

I asked with quick haste, wanting the Creature to continue on towards hopefully my mother's voice. 

"What's your name?" 

"Thought you would never ask, Vance Wolfdane." 

I glared at the Creature, and thought that I preferred not to know why it knew my name. I wanted nothing to do with it know, just get to my mother and get out of there and leave the Creature to its demise out here in the unknown. 

The Creature continued with a sloppy grin, "Why my name is Carion, and I," it leaned in closer towards my face, no smell, "am your guardian from here on out. Oh don't worry, I don't usually appear like this. It's just a phase since you created me. You'll like the better version of me when we get out of here and back to Under-Light."  It then smiled at me and continued on towards the voice that suddenly got louder.

I knew she was ok then, and brought the Sun-glow bracelets out and threw them at where I thought her voice was spouting from. We where close and the Sun-glow bracelets were beaming around her body. 

"Ah, dear thought you would never get to him. Thank you Carion."  She was clearly talking to the Creature, and turned towards me with a very obnoxious grin. "Sorry dear, I thought you would understand who he was, since you talked to him and all. Didn't think you guys would make it either!" 

She really does take things way too lightly.... I shook my dark head, and starred at the Creature; no Carion that's his name. What did he want anyways? He's free from the solid box. And he can clearly kill us without a second thought. But then again he did say that he was my guardian. I knew that somehow this sole event had changed my life, but what I wasn't expecting was the fact that when we do end up going back to Under-Light, that we would have a new family addition. Someone Carion apparently knows by the sound of it and man was mom ticked.