chapter 8

[ all fan fiction ; not real ]

it's been 2 weeks since you and jungkook have started practicing for the competition. the same competition where jungkook froze and ran away from his love for music.

you used to compete but honestly you never took it serious, you would sing for fun and for the enjoyment. meanwhile jungkook spent his whole life trying to perfect his singing technique. he was an ace, won every competition and even got scouted to be an idol.

the one thing he ever wanted to do was gone. his mother was in full control of his life and jungkook couldn't do anything about it. she rejected the dozen offers jungkook received for him.

she was the puppeteer,

and he was the puppet on strings.

not only was jungkook good at singing, but he was amazing in piano which made him a great musician. he would sing and play at a few competitions , after all he was his own accompanist. everyone in the vocal and piano community respected and idolized jungkook. some aspire to be him while some wanted to defeat him. the golden boy. mommy's boy.

but all that disappeared when he froze up on stage and ran away. everyone would questioned where did the ace go but he never came back. 2 years without music felt like hell to jungkook.

but now he's back.

-

jungkook sat down in the hallway on the cold floor as he repeatedly hummed the right pitches for the harmonies as his fingers started air playing the piano with his eyes closed. tap tap tap

" you actually showed up wow.." you said scaring the boy who just lost his focus.

" i thought you would've flaked out on me last minute but i'm glad you made it here." you said as he nodded. he got up and stood right next to you.

" want one?"

" no i don't like to eat before performances."

" 'kay but don't be coming to me when your hungry."

you were eating a rice ball while jungkook was humming in practice. his eyes closed as he imagined the scene he wanted to create in his head as he sang.

while you and jungkook waited you heard a familiar voice.

" hey guys! we just wanted to stop by and say good luck! " said summer as she approached you guys with jimin right next to her.

she made her way towards jungkook as they chatted you couldn't help but feel a bit jealous.
no they're perfect together, stop getting in the way. remember you're nobody compared to summer.

" i'll be cheering you on from the sideline y/n. i know you'll do amazing!" said jimin as he gave you two big thumbs up. he would always cheer you on every performance ever since you both were little. you and jimin were inseparable, both from two different worlds. he was the star athlete and you were the star on stage.

" aw thanks jimin! don't forget to cheer louder than everyone in the room!" you laughed as you winked at him.

you wore a red silky long dress with your hair down and a few clips on the side. you hoped for jungkook to maybe say something about your new dress but of course he didn't. you smile to yourself ignoring all the bad thoughts and took a deep breath. make it count, live the moment.

" you guys are up! good luck!" said the man as he yelled for you and jungkook to go on stage.

you looked over at jungkook who was adjusting his suit. he looked over at you waiting for your signal to start walking on the stage. gripping onto your dress as you tried to breathe slowly , telling yourself to calm down.