Chapter 1: The Move/ Memories

She's been here before long ago when she was 8 years old. Her cousin lived here in Derry and she came to visit him the summer of 1989.

Little did she know that summer would change her life forever..

Scarlet is now 18 moving to Derry, Maine because she wants to know more about the mystery's of this little town and it's deepest, darkest secrets.

She drives to her new apt and parks her car and sits and stares at the older building that was built in the early 1900's. She closes her eyes remembering memory's of that faithful day when her cousin Charley the age of 10 ran down to the burrows and she followed closely behind sneaking, trying not to be seen.

Charley was walking around close to this huge drain pipe. She hid behind a few bushes to watching and listening to him. That's when a voice could be heard coming from the pipe.

"Well, hello Charley!" the voice says with a fit of giggles.

"Hello?"

"Oh I'm sorry! How very rude of me! HEH! I need to show myself don't I?"

The clown steps out of the darkness standing in front of the opening with a big grin on his red lips. "What's your name?"

He looks nervous "I'm..Charley."

"Charley! Charles, Charlie!" The clown giggles. "I'm Pennywise, the dancing clown!" he says and shakes his body with the sound of bells.

From across the creek Scarlet is watching and hearing every word said with wide eyes and excitement running through her.

Charley at this point is a bit worried and the fear is starting to course through him, Pennywise smells the air sucking in air deeply into his red nose. The fear coming from the boy is making him drool.

"Charley...like as in Charley and the chocolate factory?" he says with a big grin showing his teeth a little making poor Charley flinch.

"I guess so" Charley answers back shaking.

"Oooh I wonder..If you taste like chocolate to?" He evilly laughs showing his teeth fully. Charley screams and tries to run but Pennywise grabs him and lifts him off the ground twirling him around to face him laughing in his little face.

Charley cries "Help me! Somebody!"

Scarlet is seeing everything but can't move from her spot, her mind is racing and her eyes blown wide at the site in front of her just across the way. It's almost surreal.

Charley continues to scream but no one comes to his aid. Pennywise opens his mouth big and wide with his roes of sharp teeth showing. His mouth wraps around Charley's shoulder and bites down tearing into his young flesh and ripping out a big nasty chunk.

His blood spurting out in gushes. The screams die down as Charley passes out from shock. The clown swallows the meat with a big long gulp and drops his body. He then grabs a hold of the kids foot and starts dragging him into the pipe into his deep dark lair.

Scarlet can't believe what she just witnessed. Her heart is pounding, she is terrified but.. she also feels something else deep down within her.

Excitement.