Chapter 146 Upper Moon One

Start from the beginning

"This boy.....he's................"

A crimson blade, a vicious amount of strength, and a member of the Tsugikuni bloodline. As Kokushibo looked at the boy in front of him, he was being reminded of someone he hated with a passion. Soon Kokushibo began to use total concentration as he plans to go all out from this point forward.

"Breath of the Moon, Seventh Form:Mirror of Misfortune - Moonlit!!!!"

Kokushibo swings his sword in a powerful frontal slash that then creates a multi directional frontal assault, powerful enough to create several deep gouges in the ground

Kokushibo swings his sword in a powerful frontal slash that then creates a multi directional frontal assault, powerful enough to create several deep gouges in the ground. Yozora quickly used the same move to counter it, but he was surprised when Kokushibo's attack overpowered his.

"He's gotten stronger! I can't afford to drop my guard."

Suddenly Kokushibo appeared behind him as he swung his blade. Yozora quickly twists his body and swung his blade so it could stop Kokushibo's. However, the demon smiled when since he trapped Yozora in a close enough range.

"Breath of the Moon, Eighth Form:Moon-Dragon Ringtail!"

Kokushibo uses a direct frontal attack that creates a single gigantic slash

Kokushibo uses a direct frontal attack that creates a single gigantic slash. Since he was too close, Yozora couldn't dodge as he felt his body being slashed by various crescent blades while he was launched at a wall.

Rubble falls on the ground as dust filled the area where Yozora crashed. However, Kokushibo didn't want to waste the opportunity that he just got in this moment.

"Breath of the Moon, Third Form:Loathsome Moon - Chains!!!!"

Kokushibo swings his sword rapidly in two crescent slashes, from which a storm of smaller crescents spread

Kokushibo swings his sword rapidly in two crescent slashes, from which a storm of smaller crescents spread. As the reached closer and closer to his target, he suddenly felt himself putting his guard up.

"Shigure Soen Ryu, Twelfth Form:Left-Hand Sword Drizzle!"

Using the black nichirin blade that he quickly unsheathed with his left hand, Yozora launched multiple compressed airwaves as Kokushibo's attack was sliced apart

Using the black nichirin blade that he quickly unsheathed with his left hand, Yozora launched multiple compressed airwaves as Kokushibo's attack was sliced apart. However, the demon's eyes widen when he felt his entire body being sliced apart.

As the dust clears, Yozora was seen with blood and slash marks covering his body. When he looked at Kokushibo, he saw that the demon finally regenerated as he held his blade tightly. As Kokushibo stood up, he held his own sword tightly.

"Yozora Tsugikuni........become a demon."

Yozora looked at Kokushibo in confusion. Why would this demon want him to give up his humanity? Koksuhibo stood up as his body was repairing itself.

"Yozora, you should know how small the life of a human being is. If you become a demon, you can gain even more power and-"

"I don't give a damn about having power. Even if i was a weakling, i would still give it my all to oppose you."

Kokushibo was surprised by what Yozora said. He knew that Yozora wanted to get stronger after their last fight, yet now he was claiming that he couldn't care less.

"Let's get one thing straight, Michikatsu. I don't fight because i want to win. I fight because i need to win. If i don't then, i'll never be able to look at the people i want to protect ever again. Besides.....if i gave up my humanity, my bonds with everyone i've met, and abandon my comrades just for the sake of power.............THEN I COULD NEVER DIE IN PEACE!!!!"

"You were born with great potential and yet you're saying that you would rather walk the path of a normal human being rather than a swordsman."

As Kokushibo looked at Yozora, his glare grew more intense. The more he looked and listened to Yozora, the more he was reminded of the one person he could never defeat.

"First you take my dream of being the strongest swordsman, then you take away my moment of relief of your absence by coming back into my life, and even now your influence is taking away the closest thing i'll have to a successor.....what else will you steal from me......YORIICHI!!!!!"

Yozora soon noticed that Kokushibo's ki has gotten darker. As he looked at the blade that the Upper Moon was wielding, he noticed that it grew three additional blades from the original to increase its reach and further increase its size.

"Yozora Tsugikuni......you're the first human in a long period of time to make my blood boil."

"I see

"I see.....that makes two of us. Just as you reject everything about me, i reject your reason for carrying your blade and will use every ounce of my strength.....to protect the ones i love from monsters like you."

They share the same blood, they share the same breath style, yet they couldn't be anymore different. Despite the similarities, Yozora and Kokushibo could agree on one thing. They reject everything the opponent in front of them stands for. The battle between the constantly evolving monsters continues.