Chapter Nine

It went dark before they could realise it so they went inside in the living room and sat on the couch.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Hinata asked Kageyama.

"Sure."

"Alright, I'll do the popcorn and you lucky guy get to pick the movie." Hinata chuckled.

Kageyama nodded his head and got the remote control to search for a movie. As he scrolled down the tv he was hearing the corn popping on the microwave, it smelled like butter. In the end he chose a scary movie. A few moments later Hinata came back with the popcorn.

"Ooh, a scary one. You think you can handle it?" he asked ironically.

"Oh please, I've been watching scary movies since I was ten."

Kageyama was lying of course and he only picked a scary movie in order to look cool.

"Allright, if you say so." Hinata said even though he knew Kageyama was lying.

Hinata sat on the couch a few centimeters away from Kageyama and he pressed the start button. Kageyama was really nervous because the only scary movie he ever watched was Ghostbusters and it doesn't even count as a scary movie. Thankfully, the beginning wasn't that bad so he got a bit relieved, but it wasn't for long.

"Holy crap!" Kageyama exclaimed at a jumpscare.

"What's wrong Mr. I've been watching scary movies since I was ten? Are you scared?" Hinata mocked him by mimicking a talking mouth with his hand.

"N-no it was just sudden." Kageyama said, clearly in embarrassment.

"Hm. I don't believe you." Hinata said mockingly.

"Whate- Fuck!" It was at this moment that Kageyama almost threw himself in the air. He grabbed Hinata's arm and squeezed it without realizing.

"Hey, Kageyama."

"W-what?"

Hinata pointed at Kageyama's hand, which was gripping his.

"Oh, heh, sorry." Kageyama quickly released Hinata's arm and became as red as a tomato.

"Well, I'm getting kinda tired. When we finish the movie, we're going to bed."

Kageyama nodded.

After a few moments Hinata wasn't talking and his head fell softly on Kageyama's shoulder. The movie almost ended and since he couldn't bear it, Kageyama turned the TV off. Hinata was still sleeping on his shoulder. He was sleeping so peacefully and Kageyama didn't wanna wake him up. So he  carefully lifted him up and carried him upstairs.

As he was leaving Hinata on his bed, he tangled his hands around Kageyama's waist and pulled him on the bed with him. Kageyama blushed a lot and his heart was beating fast. He tried to release himself but he couldn't because it would surely wake Hinata up. So Kageyama stayed there and tried his best to remain quiet. But he couldn't sleep, his head was muffled in Hinata's fluffy ginger hair. It was very soft and smelled like soap and baby powder.

Hinata's head was right into Kageyama's chest and he could feel Hinata's hot breath on him. He thought his heart was going to explode and he was afraid that Hinata might hear it. Kageyama ran his fingers through Hinata's hair, almost mechanically, he had never felt anything like that before. Kageyama's hand then  moved slowly on Hinata's cheek which was warm since he was hugging Kageyama. Then suddenly he felt the urge to kiss him but a little voice in his head stopped him.

"Put your shit together Kageyama!" He thought to himself. He was a guy after all, they were just starting to become friends and he felt bad about thinking that way of him. Thankfully after a while Kageyama managed to fall asleep.

Kageyama was really used to alarm clocks since he can't wake up by himself, but this morning was kinda different.

"Gah!!!" Hinata woke up and threw himself out of the bed. "What are you doing on my bed?" he shouted.

"You fell asleep during the movie and I couldn't wake you up, so I carried you upstairs and when I tried to put you in your bed you tangled your hands on my waist and we fell asleep while you were hugging me." Kageyama said casually as if it didn't sound romantic at all.

"Oh, um..." Hinata became as red as a tomato. "We- we better go downstairs and have breakfast."

"Totally, my stomach is growling like an old car's machine." Kageyama said, clearly trying to defuse the tension.

"Hehe." a small smile appeared on Kageyama's face, it was kinda cute, Hinata thought to himself. They went downstairs on the kitchen where Hinata opened a few drawers and cupboards and in a few moments the table was full of tasty stuff. Kageyama put some cereals in a bowl and then milk.

"Choco pops, it's my favorite too." Hinata said.

"Really? I eat them every morning."

"What do you wanna do today?" Hinata asked.

"Since tomorrow we have the practice match, I thought we could watch some volleyball videos. I do that before every match. But if you think it's stupid I'll understand." Kageyama looked at his cereal bowl, waiting for a disappointing answer.

"You know what? That's a great idea. We could learn a new technique or something."

"Ah, great." Kageyama felt so wholesome at that moment because his old teammates mocked him about watching volleyball videos. Even Oikawa, who used to watch them secretly all the time.

They put on the tv some old videotapes Kageyama brought with him, just in case. He was looking really happy the entire time and Hinata noticed it.

"So you can smile huh?" Hinata asked.

"I'm not smiling." he said, trying not to smile more.

"Ah come on, you were smiling just a moment ago."

"So what if I was?" Kageyama crossed his arms and pouted.

"Nothing, just, I think you looked pretty good. And it's better than your resting grumpy face."

Kageyama's mind completely stopped working at that moment.

It lasted for a few seconds before his stomach got filled with millions of butterflies and his cheeks turned crimson

It lasted for a few seconds before his stomach got filled with millions of butterflies and his cheeks turned crimson. He totally overlooked Hinata's second sentence and only the words I think you looked pretty good played over and over on his head.

"Kageyama, are you okay? You've been staring at me for the past twenty seconds."

"Oh, um. It's nothing I just wanted to say something and I forgot what it was."

"Hm, okay." Hinata said in disbelief.

"Anyways shortie. I think it's better for me to leave now."

"Oh right, I forgot. Let me just get your stuff real quick."

"Thanks." Kageyama said while watching Hinata going into his room to bring Kageyama's gym sack. He was still in shock of what he said before and he couldn't get it out of his mind. Did Kageyama had a crush on Hinata? But it would be weird since he didn't like anyone for a long time and he turned down every girl that confessed to him. Many thoughts emerged through his brain and he didn't know how to explain it.

"Here you go."

"Thanks again, you should come to my place too sometime." Kageyama suggested nervously.

"Yeah why not. Anyways, see you tomorrow?"

"As always, goodbye!"

"Bye!"