5

"What?!" Jim and Barbara said, both showing different emotions. You chuckled lightly while rubbing the back of your head and smiled.

"Yeah, it's a long story." You said and sighed, looking at your arm. Barbara then grabbed a clip board and wrote something down.

"Well, you seem to be okay." She said and looked at her son who looked angry but also worried as you messed with the bandage a little. "Jim, can you bike or walk Y/n home? I still have some work to finish here." She said, he nodded and gave her a smile. Like his mom asked him to, Jim began to walk you to Stricklers house. It was quiet for the majority of the walk, up until you finally said something.

"So, your mom was nice." You said while holding your skateboard. Jim was walking his bike with a glare, he didn't answer. "Jim." You said and stopped, he didn't. "Jim." You said more sternly, he finally stopped but didn't face you. "Did I do something wrong? Something that made you angry?" You asked while putting a hand to your chest. He sighed and looked at you.

"Kinda, but it's not entirely your fault." Jim said and set his bike down and gripped his bag strap. "You've just been avoiding me and Toby for like, two days!" He yelled and threw his hands into the air. "And when you finally do talk to me, not only did I found out you get burn, but you live with our teacher!" He yelled, you looked at the ground. "i'm also dealing with stuff that you wouldn't understand." He said and looked away from you. You looked at the ground and sighed.

"Let me guess." You said and looked at him to see he still had his back to you. "Is it, trollhunter, business?" You asked, he pulled his head up and turned to look at you.

"How'd you-" He asked and stopped himself.

"Because, I've been running from trolls all my life! Their the reason I live with Strickler." You said, he blinked at you and you sighed. "I was to young to remember what happened, but I do know Strickler was one of their best friends. He told me that we got attacked by trolls when we wen't out camping." You said and sat on the curb, you sighed while hugging your knees.

"What happened to your parents? How'd you escape?" He asked while walking over to you. You chuckled lightly.

"I don't know. Strickler just told me the police brought me to him because I didn't have any other family." You said as Jim sat down next to you. He looked at you while you sighed. "That's why I was avoiding you and Tobs. I was afraid you'd just come after me." You said and looked at the ground.

"Y/n," He said, you moved your gaze to him. "I swear on the amulet, I would never hurt you. I don't know why the trolls would come after you and your family, but I will intend to find out why." He said, you eyes widened.

"Please don't!" You yelled, he jumped a bit.

"But, don't you want to find out why?" He asked, clearly confused.

"No! I just-" You sighed and rubbed your forehead. "I'm just okay with knowing you won't hurt me. I promise not to tell anyone." You said with a smirk, he sighed and looked at you with a smile as well.

"Fine, we should get you back home any ways." He said and stood up, you were about to get up, but Jim held a hand out to you. You looked at it before grabbing it and being pulled up. Jim and you mainly talked about random things, mainly about troll hunter things.

"Blinky's last guy was torn limb from limb?!" You yelled quietly, Jim laughed a little while nodding.

"That's not even the craziest part, Bular started chasing me and Toby about a few days ago." He said, you laughed nervously while looking away. "And then a dragon saved us!" he yelled, you stopped laughing.

"A dragon? Come on Jim, I believe in trolls but a dragon?" You asked sarcastically, trying not to seem suspicious. "I'm gonna guess a unicorn magically appeared and could talk." you said, Jim chuckled lightly.

"But if trolls are real, then why shouldn't dragons?" He asked, you didn't answer and Stricklers house came into view.

"That's Strickler's place, up there." You said as you two stopped.

"Huh, it's bigger then I pictured." Jim said as he tilted his head a little. He then shook his head and got onto his bike. "Guess I'll see you tomorrow." He said, you bit your lip as he slowly biked away. You groaned and turned around.

"Hey Jim?" You asked, he stopped and turned his head to look at you. "For what it's worth, I think Drool, or whatever his name is." You grumbled, Jim laughed a little. "I think, he was wrong. I believe the amulet choose the right person for the job." You said while hugging your skateboard, he chuckled lightly and looked at the ground. He then looked at you with a smirk.

"Thanks." He said and then pedaled off. You smiled as you watched him until he disappeared.

"If I didn't know any better..." Someone said behind you, you gasped as you turned around to see Strickler. A annoyed expression on his face as he held his hand behind his back respectively. "I'd say you liked the boy." He said, you looked at the ground.

"Why would it concern you?" You mumbled, he sighed and walked over to you.

"Because Y/n, he works with the same people who killed your parents. It is also my job to take care of you until you come of age." Strickler reminded you as he stood infront of you, he then put a hand on your shoulder, causing you to look at him. "i'm only looking out for your best interests. I would be broken if anything had happened to you." He said, you sighed but nodded.

"I'll just head inside." You said and walked to the house. He watched you with a smile as you walked into the house. But once the door was closed, the street lights began to flicker. Strickler seemed unfazed as he lost his smile. The lights suddenly shut off and he heard a growl behind him.

"How is she doing?" Bular asked, Strickler turned to face him.

"Better, but that little trick you pulled almost costed her life." Strickler said sternly, Bular huffed.

"She attacked first, has she found out yet?" He asked, Strickler sighed and pulled out an ink pen.

"Not yet." Strickler said and pulled the cap off the pen. "But by the time she does..." Strickler said and smiled evilly as he put the cap on the pen. "It'll be to late. For both her and young Atlas." He said and put the pun back into his pocket, Bular chuckled at this.