24

The next day...

Jim smiled as he held up Daylight, a determined grin on his face as he quickly moved the blade around. "All right. Do your worst." Jim said as he moved and got ready to hit whatever was thrown at him. Y/n was sitting on the massive rock in Jim's yard as Toby held up a watermelon, several things were behind him as he chucked the watermelon up. Y/n watched as Jim sliced the melon in half, the fruit suddenly becoming bright blue before erupting and pieces of watermelon went everywhere. The boys cheered in victory as Y/n caught a piece of watermelon and threw it into her mouth with a grin. "It slices!" Jim said as he held Daylight. "It dices!" Toby finished while Y/n rolled her eyes at the two.

"That was amazing!" Toby yelled as Jim picked up a bag of Tacos from behind and slid them across his shoulders before Jim grabbed the bag. He put Daylight into the ground before grabbing a taco and looking back at Toby again. "All right, what else you got?" Jim said and took a bite of his taco. Toby also had one and slid his bag towards Y/n, who grabbed a quesadilla from it as Toby looked around, shoving what remained of his taco into his mouth. "You know, we probably should recycle these." Toby said as he held up a pack of magazines. "On the other hand, shredding them is more fun." Toby said as as he stood up and held the pack up. "It's less environmentally conscious, but more fun!" Toby said as he held the pack up. Jim quickly finished his taco and grabbed Daylight.

 "PULL!" Jim said as he got ready, Toby then threw the pack to Jim by spinning his body, and Jim sliced it with ease. Like the watermelon, it turned blue and erupted in pieces. "Home run!" Jim yelled in victory as Toby sat up. "It's like a ticker tape parade of awesome!" Toby said as he threw his arms into the air, the three laughed as stomped from inside the house could be heard. Draal then slammed open the door and wasn't to please to see what the three were doing. "What is this mockery?!" Draal yelled in annoyance as Toby quickly got up and hid behind Jim. Y/n just walked over to stand next to Jim.

"Oh, hey Draal. Just working on some sword fighting." Jim said as both he and Toby smiled nervously, knowing they probably annoyed Draal with how they were training. Y/n looked up Draal as he walked towards them. "The sword of Daylight is not a toy to be played with." Draal said as he stood in front of Jim and pointed to Daylight that rested in Jim's hand. "It is a hallowed obligation I have spent my entire life training to be worthy of." Draal complained, Y/n stepped back as Jim held up Daylight. "You want to take it for a spin?" Jim asked as he gestured to Daylight while looking at Draal.

Draal huffed at the idea, thinking Jim was making fun of him. But soon realized Jim was Serious as Jim held up Daylight with both hands. Draal seemed surprised by this as Y/n smiled at Draal. After a bit of hesitation, Draal picked up Daylight and held it up, seeing a familiar reflection in the blade. It was his father, the previous Trollhunter. Draal gasped quietly at this as Daylight lit up, but then disappeared. Shocking Draal as he looked at his hand in confusion. Y/n and Toby seemed confused while Jim seemed saddened by this. The Blade then appeared back in Jim's hand, causing him to sigh sadly.

"Sorry. I forgot." Jim said as he knew what Draal saw and how he felt about his father. Draal only sighed in response and turned to Jim with furrowed brows. "If my destiny is to not hold the sword, perhaps it is to teach you how to properly wield it." Draal said and began to look at the items Toby and you had brought. He walked up to a lamp and tossed the lampshade part behind him before moving the stand quickly like he'd train with a staff. Teh three quickly moved out of the way and allowed Draal try to get use to his new "weapon".

After a few seconds, Draal suddenly turned to Jim and was ready to hit Jim with the light but stopped just inches away from Jim's head. "Your blade is but an extension of your body..." Draal said as he pulled the lamp back from Jim's head, ignoring Y/n's glare. ", and your body, an extension of your eyes." Draal said as stood back, Toby and Y/n moved away for Jim and Draal to practice. "Mimic my movement, Trollhunter." Draal said as he backed up and held the lamp up, Jim did as he was asked and copied the troll. Y/n and Toby sat on a rock as this went on for a few hours. It turned dark after a while and neither Toby or Y/n left the yard. Soon enough, Draal decided it was time for some sparring but went easy of Jim.

But at one point, Draal lunged at Jim and pushed him against his own house, trapping the wrist holding his sword as the pipe was against his neck. Y/n and Toby stood up quickly and watched in fear or anger. "That kinda hurts." Jim wheezed as the sudden attack was too fast for him to fight against. "A real fight is never predictable, Trollhunter." Draal reminded Jim with a chuckle, something that caused Y/n to ease up and watch silently. "You have to expect the unexpected and learn to embody the armor, force it to do what you want." Draal said, being careful to allow Jim to breath. Jim looked at his free hand and lowered it, taking a quick breath as he looked at his trapped hand. The amulet glowed brightly and caused Daylight to light up.

It quickly disappeared and then reappeared in Jim's free hand, he smirked as he poked Draal with it. Draal laughed at the achievement and freed Jim. "Wow." Jim said as he rubbed his neck. Y/n sighed in relief and looked over as Toby's phone rang. "Shoot!" Toby said as he pulled out his phone and looked at it. "We're supposed to meet Blinky at the museum now." Toby said as he pointed to his phone, causing Y/n to groan in annoyance and grab her skateboard. "Ah! We'll work on the more later, okay, Draal?" Jim said as he sheathed Daylight and turned to Draal. He then ran to his bike as the amulet sucked the armor and sword back in. "Hop on, Y/n." Jim said, Y/n did so after shoving her skateboard into her backpack and stood on the bars that poked out from Jim's back wheel. "Let's go, Tobes!" Jim said as Toby held the gate open. Draal looked over as the gate closed, then hummed to himself and held the lamp close. But then he saw the light bulb and quickly ate it, a smile on his face before he turned to the lamp again.

When he saw there wasn't any more bulb, he looked around and quickly put the lamp shade back on. He smiled and nodded as he was pleased with his work, then went back inside and to his basement. He'd leave the objects for Toby and Jim to clean up once they came back. Back with the three, Y/n jumped off Jim's bike once the three had gotten to the museum. "Good, Blinky left the window open." Jim said as he and Toby hopped off their bikes and climbed into an open window. "I hope he took care of the cameras." Jim said as he looked around and saw none of the cameras had been turned on. Y/n had slipped in before Toby, who was having some issues trying to get in as he got stuck.

"Oh, geez. It's true. You always return to the scene of the crime." Toby admitted as he tried to push himself into the room. Jim had offered his hand to help Toby, but he yelped as he finally fit through. Y/n sighed and helped him up. "They try to rehabilitate us, but the big house only made us better criminals." Toby admitted, Y/n turned to them in confusion. "Wait, you guys got arrested?" Y/n said, being sure to whisper. "Oh yeah, Strickler got us out and then asked Jim's mom out on a date." Toby said, Y/n's eyes went wide. "Wait, WHAT?!" Y/n yelled, causing Toby to shush her harshly. "The goblins are all gone." Jim whispered as they all walked through the museum. Y/n looked around and noticed they really were gone. None of their goo was around, not even a single goblin. Just where did they go then? Maybe they went to go find another place to hide since both Y/n and Jim had found them. Sure, they weren't afraid of Y/n but Jim could easily kill them, and dragons have been known to hunt them. Probably wish to find a new nest.

AND I'M BACK! Sorry for not updating sooner, I sure some people wanted this update faster. But my dumbself got back into ROTTMNT so I've just been updating my fanfics based on that fandom. August 5th can't get here any sooner