c h a p t e r 20- a Hawaii holiday

'Just one more- you can do that.'

I groaned as Jared spoke from above me, my position on the bench press making only his face visible. Straining, I attempted to push the bar up, the result ending as usual- I give up, Jared then has to take the bar, leaving me, sounding like the voice of death, sprawled out on the bench. God, I hated working out.

Waving my hand in the air, Jared took my signal and sighed, pulling me up so I could stand. Slowly, I limped over to the mirror, gazing at myself.

'Yup. I'm definitely more toned,' I said, nodding at my reflection in triumph. Jared smirked in amusement, crossing his arms in front of him, 'You did one pull up. That's it.'

I rolled my eyes, 'All right muscle man, no need to flex.'

Before Jared could make another comment- I knew I would bicker with him all day otherwise- I half ran, half limped over to where Jordan was on the treadmill.

'Hey bestie!' I called, jumping onto the machine next to him. Jordan grunted in reply, sweat falling down his face as he continued to run. I set up the machine, frowning when it asked me to choose a pace. I'll just go at whatever Jordan's going at I thought- I mean, I could probably keep up with him, right? Peering over, I saw that the machine read that he was going at a 5:50 pace per mile. I sighed, pushing in the correct numbers into the treadmill. Immediately, the machine whirred to a start, the abrupt beginning making me fall forward.

After about 3 minutes, I soon learnt that running was, in fact, not for me. I didn't know how Jordan was going at this pace for any longer than a mile but I sure as fuck was not going to find out. My legs literally wobbling as I slowed to a stop, I was saved from my misery by Wyatt calling down through the speaker, 'Dinner is ready in the dining room. Please come immediately.'

Thank Jesus- I was so hungry after all that exercise.

Walking over to where Jordan was gathering his stuff, I tapped his shoulder, 'Because you love me,' I began, my speech halted by my twin sighing, 'I hate when you start with that. Go on then, what do you want?'

I rolled my eyes at him, annoyed that he knew me so well, 'Pretty please, can you give me a piggy back? Please?'

I pulled my best puppy eyes, knowing that he eventually would give in. Sure enough, seconds later he sighed again, pulling me onto his back.

'Thank you,' I sang, grinning into his neck.

'Whatever.'

We walked into the dining room, the rest of our brothers waiting for us. Dylan took one look at me hanging from Jordan's back before snickering, 'She's got you so wrapped round her finger, dude.'

I smiled into Jordan's shoulder when he didn't say anything back, kissing his cheek as I jumped off and went to my seat. Immediately, the food came through, plates of pasta being placed before us. I smiled widely- pasta was the best meal.

I raised my hand to start eating along with the rest of the table when Wyatt coughed loudly. Straight away, we all snapped to attention, the piece of pasta on my fork slipping down onto my plate.

'So,' Wyatt began, 'as most of us know, we go on a trip to Hawaii each year. Of course, now Alyssa is here with us I would like to continue that tradition. Which is why, tomorrow, we will be going- Alyssa and Jordan, you two can bring friends if you would like. Any problems with parents I will sort out. You may eat now.'

I stared in disbelief at Wyatt while my brothers continued to chat and eat- obviously they were used to this. I, however, was in shock that I would be going on holiday TOMORROW. Wyatt was seemingly ignoring my blatant staring because he gave me one quick once over before going back to his conversation with Aaron. I leaned back in my seat- I guess instead of school, I would be heading to Hawaii tomorrow.