Chapter 35 LIGHTING THE FIRE

Start from the beginning

Týra: (points in same direction) that way?

Shady man: (grunting in confusion and looking at his tribe mates first) yes. That way.

Yang: good to know. Thanks.

Shady man: now to pay me back for this tooth, we're going to take your bike. And we're going to take your lumps, those weapons, and even that head.

Yang engages her shot gun gauntlet on her left arm, and then the gun in her robotic arm. The bandits get cautious and keep their weapons trained on them.

Shady man: (aims his gun) you got the jump on me last time, sweetheart. But you really ought to think twice about fighting all—

He's cut off by Týra throwing the Leviathan Axe and disarming him. The rest of the bandits gasped as she recalls the axe and it returns to her hand.

Shady man: alright... get them!

The bandits attack, and the girls wasted no time in beating them. Compared to dragur and other monsters she dealt with, Týra didn't even use her other weapons to win. After the fight, Yang's left hand is shaking once again, but she calms herself down before walking back to her motorcycle.

Shady man: (coughing as he struggles to get up) who are you two? It doesn't even matter. When Raven finds out what you did, you're dead!

Yang: possibly. But I doubt it. I am her daughter, after all.

Týra: and she's Vali's sister

Shady man: (wide-eyed) I'm dead. (Falls to the ground)

Mimir: huh. Looks like there was a bit of brains in that head of his.

*NIKKI and RNJR*

The teens were training hand to hand combat with Oscar to help him build up his aura. At first, Ruby was winning, but that quickly changed when Ozpin took control and beat her.

Ozpin: the next time you want to throw a left cross, remember to push off with the appropriate foot. And as always, do be aware of any openings.

Ruby: (strained as she sits up) gooooot it.

Nikki: you're lucky you weren't dealing with Archer. If that was the case, you'd probably get a broken arm.

Jaune: did that happen to you?

Nikki: almost. Though, I can only imagine what he did to Vali during their training.

Ozpin relinquishes his control and Oscar falls to the ground, panting.

Ruby: oh! Hey. Are you okay?

Oscar: how is this so exhausting?

Ren: your body isn't used to this kind of training, not to mention generating a defensive Aura on your own. It takes intense concentration at first, but in time it will become second nature, allowing you to deflect attacks and gradually heal your wounds. After that, you can begin focusing on your Semblance, whatever that may be.

Oscar: Semblance?

Nora: You know! Like your very own superpower! Everybody's got one. It's just a matter of finding it and mastering it. Ruby moves super fast, Electricity makes me stronger, Ren can mask emotions, Nikki can summon spirits, and Jaune... can, uh, um. Hmm.

Jaune: I can't do anyth—

Ruby: Jaune's like you! (Leads Oscar to Jaune) he hasn't found his Semblance yet, but we all know he will. And you will, too. We all just have to try and help each other get stronger.