Chapter Thirty

Lisa's POV

I prefer that she's mad at me so that she will not hesitate to stay away from me. I know that if I told her what really happened, she would not be willing to go back to her parents. It is not true that she thinks something happened to Roseanne and I. Nothing happened to the two of us. The two of us just talked until drowsiness visited her. She slept on the bed and I laid a blanket on the floor and I slept there. I barely slept that night because I was worried about Jennie because she was alone at home.

When morning came we checked out of the inn and there in that very inn I saw the two men who had broken into us in the apartment then. And worse, they saw me too. The two men chased us and I pulled Roseanne into the car. They got on their motorcycles and followed us. They fired at us several times and by the grace of God neither of us was hit. I explained to Roseanne what had happened and why those men were chasing us. Roseanne knew the detour in that area and she pointed and directed me the way to the forest and there we misled the two men. When we were sure that no one was following us, we went to the police station and reported what had happened. Some police escorted us back to the Hacienda. Roseanne promised to help us but I did not want them to be affected by this mess.

My brain was in turmoil when I got home. It crossed my mind to move elsewhere with Jennie. But I also thought how powerful the person that are against us. He seems really determined to kill me and wherever we go he will look for us and look for us. What if the next time they see us we will no longer be lucky? It would be nice if they only hurt me but what if they also hurt Jennie? I just chose to take Jennie back to her parents to make sure she's safe. I spoke to her in hurtful words to shove her away. I hate myself for doing that to her. I hope one day if we meet again she will forgive me for what I did to her.

Jennie's POV

I sat in the chair on the terrace and looked outside. Ever since Lisa left me, I have always been here. Hope to see her standing outside the house. I'm still holding on to that little hope that maybe she'll change her mind.

"Honey..." I heard mommy's voice. I looked around the room and saw her coming in and holding a tray. She smiled when she saw me. "I baked your favorite Madeleine cookies. Don't you like it?"

She lowered the tray to the table in front of me. There is a plate of madeleine cookies and two glasses of milk.

"Thank you, mom."

"Anything for our princess." Mommy leaned over me.

"Mom, I'm sorry." Tears welled up in my eyes upon saying those words.

"I'm a bad daughter. I'm so sorry." She held my hand.

"It's okay, darling. You just made a mistake. The important thing is, you already know what's the real attitude of that woman and you learned from your mistake."

"I still love her. I miss her so much and I'm so sorry." I hugged mommy and cried.

Mom kissed me on the forehead. "Don't worry. You'll be fine. The time will come when you will forget her name."

I don't think it's possible for me to forget her. She left me something to remember her; this love of mine for her.

"Tita." I heard a man's voice. I looked at the door of the terrace and saw Kai standing there. Mom pulled away from the hug and wiped my tears with her thumb. "Hush now ..."

She turned to Kai's direction. "Hi, darling." Mom said smiling.

"Come, join us for a snack."