Chapter Eleven

I really want to throw a surprise party for Lisa. It made me sad when she told me that she never had a birthday party. I want her to experience having a birthday. But how can I throw her a party when I don't even have any money? I want to buy her a birthday cake and other food. I'm going to invite our neighbors and her friends. I can call Hanbin, he gave me a copy of his phone number.

And then I remember about the work Yebin offered me at her club. That's it! I'm going to work in order earn money for Lisa's party.

I hurried myself to Yebin's place.

"Oh hey, Jennie." She took a peek at the door.

I smiled. "Hi. Can we talk?"

"Of course. Come inside." She opened the door wider. I went inside and she made me sit on sofa. "What do you want to talk about? Are you going to tell me something interesting?"

"Errr.. no. I want to know if I can work in your club?" I asked.

"You want to work in club?"
I nodded my head.

"OMG, Jennie! I'm sure you'll earn big amount of money. Your beauty is a trend." She said.

"When can I start? Because I really need a money."

"You can start this evening." She informed.

"Like, what time? Can't I just start tomorrow morning because Lisa will come home later and I really have to go to bed after eating my dinner." I said.

"Idiot! There's no club opens in the morning! My club really opens at night until dawn." She said laughing.

Lisa will not let me. She did not even want me to leave the apartment at night. How can I work at Yebin's club?

"So, are you still in?" She asked.

"Um, It's about Lisa. She'll get mad at me when I go out tonight."

"Just sneak out. Just go out when she's asleep." Yebin said.

Yeah ... Why didn't I think of that? I'll just sneak out when she's asleep. Then when I earned enough money for her party, I will stop immediately.

"S-sure. I'll start this evening." But why do I feel like it's a bad idea. I told Yebin that I need to go home.

Later, I'll sneak out when she's asleep and go to Yebin's around 11pm. I'm just doing this for her. And besides she's not going to find out. I'll be home before she wakes up.

I went back to the apartment and continued reading the book she bought for me. I cooked our dinner. Yes, I know how to cook already. I know my mom and dad would be so proud. I also know how to sweep and then wash the dishes and clean the house. The only thing Lisa doesn't want me to do is do the laundry. She washes our clothes with her hands. She does not have a washing machine. I tried doing it but I injured my hand and since then she never allow me to do the laundry.

I heard the door open. I'm always excited to see her. I look like a puppy waiting for his master.

"Hi, Lisa. How was your day?" I approached her.

"The usual." She replied casually.

"Good! Our dinner is ready."

"What is the viand?" Lisa asked.

"Tocino with tomato and salted egg." I said. That was her request earlier.

"Wow! I'm just really hungry." She went straight to the dining table. My poor Lisa, maybe she is very tired at work and then she is still hungry. She even came from Tagaytay for the wedding photoshoot. I took her a plate and scooped up some rice. We ate together. Like other ordinary days, after we ate I washed our dishes, we talked for a bit, watched tv. Then she went to her room and I also went to my room. I'm still thinking about joining Yebin's club. Okay, I've made up my mind. I'm going to do it. My job is not difficult. Yebin said I'll just talk to the customers and that's it. Easy money.