Chapter 16: Secrets

Start from the beginning

"You know, you are beautiful," I said to Emma and she blushed.

"Thank you."

Thank you? Is that what she has to say?

She should have said, 'you yourself are very beautiful,' or better yet, 'you are most beautiful.'

Did I think earlier that she was adorable? I take back my words. She is hateful, detesting!

But, everyone can make mistakes. So I forgive her.

"This house is very big," I said wandering my eyes in the room. "You think you can give me a tour?" I said looking at Emma.

"Sure," she exclaimed. "I will be happy to!" I can see that. She will be very happy. "Oh," she said as if she just remembered something, "I have to go to school." Her happiness vanished. Doesn't she change moods very quickly? "Can you wait, please, till I get back?"

"Sure," I said as I continued to eat. "How about you tell me something about your school?"

After that, the two of us had a smooth conversation. Mr Ernest, thankfully, didn't participate in it. But we didn't get time to talk for long, because Emma had to go to school. Hence the breakfast was soon over.

~~~~

Stupid, stupid! Stupid me!

That's what I was thinking when I was climbing up the stairs to my room, because I was holding a tray with breakfast for Lewis. That's so stupid of me!

I am happy with the fact that I like to help others. It's kind of in my nature. I can't help it. But I need to stop this habit when it comes to Lewis. I sighed. He just looked so tired, and he hadn't eaten anything. My bad habit was forcing me to bring breakfast to him.

When I reached our room, the door opened, revealing Lewis in his office attire. He looked very handsome.

Lewis looked at me, with a raised eyebrow, and then at the tray.

"For you," I said, harshly.

"Are you trying to play a perfect wife?"

What?

"No way! I would rather die than play a wife for you!" I barked.

In reply to that, he ignored me and stepped past me to leave.

Whatever. I don't care.

I didn't turn to look at him. Instead, I entered the room and placed the tray on the study table. The tray that had cookies in it, was also placed on that table and it was now empty. A small smile crept on my face, making me facepalm myself at my caring stupidity.

I went back to the door and locked it. After that, I slowly turned away from the door, a wide happy grin on my face. I removed my shirt and my chest binder before throwing them on the floor, and hurried to the bed and jumped on it. I rolled on the bed causing the duvet to wrap around me. Yesterday, I hadn't realised how soft and comfortable this bed was, it had felt like my usual bed back at my house.

I lied on my front and decided to have a long long sleep. But I remembered that I had an appointment and needed to set an alarm for it. I moved to pick my mobile from the bedside table. When I saw my mobile on the table, it's position made me frown.

Why does it seem like the mobile's position has been changed from where I left it earlier?

I must be imagining it.

I picked the mobile and set an alarm for 11am, and went into a deep slumber.

~~~~

I woke up by the annoying sound of the alarm. I tried to ignore it and get back to my beauty sleep, but when I remembered my appointment, my eyes flew open and I jumped out of bed. I quickly got ready and left the house with in fifteen minutes.