I LOVE YOU

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

REDAMANCY
(n.) the act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned in full

♢ ♢ ♢

The light from the moon reflected on his sleeping face. Ravenna knew all the lines of sanity had faded away because of this one person. This one person that had convicted her as a criminal.

She carefully brought her hand up to his face all while making sure not to wake him up. Ravenna instantly moved her hand away as he stirred in the depths of his sleep. Laying back onto the pillow besides him, she faced the opposite direction knowing she will be very well distracted from any sleep if she kept looking at him.

But, the idea of sleeping was contemplated as his hand managed to creep around her waist with the light whisking of his exhale on the back of her neck. Ravenna knew keeping him so close to her was a huge mistake, but the fact that he left her emotions in a mess was enough of a excuse of her mistakes.

Ravenna carefully maneuvered herself to face the Italian that was sleeping right besides her. She knew if she didn't get all the emotions she felt for him off her chest she would go insane. The one thing she learned being a therapist was never run from your emotions because outrunning yourself is never a fair game to play.

But, what she felt towards him was unhealthy for the both of them. Maybe just maybe he felt the same way she felt for him. Nevertheless a heartbreak was not what she had signed up for when she had decided to give him therapy.

Her mouth opened to lay out her confession, but closed right back up to its resting position. Analyzing the unconscious listener in front of her, she made sure he didn't hear what she had for him to listen.

Ravenna knew this was the only way she would ever be able to tell him how she felt about him. The only way she could tell him was when he wasn't conscious to hear her because deep down she knew that if he was to leave it would break her into a million pieces herself.

"I love you." She whispered to him. Ravenna slowly moved closer to him and pecked his lips. Laying her head back onto her pillow she let the sleep take over her now with a overflowing heart spilled.

♢ ♢ ♢

Ravenna squinted at the bright sunlight that was peeking through the half opened curtains. She got up from the mattress and closed them shut for the one still sleeping. She quietly pulled up the blanket over Rafael who was still unconscious to the sleep.

She then quietly tip toed out of the room into the bathroom to follow her usual morning routine of cleansing her teeth.

Sprinkling the light palms of water onto her face, Ravenna turned off the running faucet. She entered her room again to make sure Rafael was still asleep which he indeed was. Breathing in relief, she made her way to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Opening her fridge, she decided on the simple eggs and bacon to serve at the time. She felt way much lighter than she did the night before as Ravenna had spoken the dangerously fragile words to someone she didn't know when she had fallen for.

And then she remembered that she had fallen for him, since the day Ravenna was told to stay because he needed her. The day he was soft enough to keep her flowers without tossing them onto the surface of the wooden floors.

Ravenna pulled away from her day dreaming as the over sizzling of the bacon reminded her to divert her attention to the food cooking in front of her. Turning off the stove, she walked over to the plates she had pulled out earlier in the process of day dreaming her way through the whirlwind of emotions she had in captured for so long.

She flinched when she heard her bedroom door open. Rafael walked over to the dining table where Ravenna was starting to serve the fair portions of breakfast onto both of their plates.

"Good morning." Ravenna muttered without pulling her gaze from the served plates in front of her.

"Morning." Rafael replied.

Ravenna could hear a sense of hesitation in his voice. There was something that was different, but the thought of overthinking justified her sudden concern.

"I made bacon and eggs for breakfast. I hope that's fine." Ravenna finally stated looking him right into his pool of cyan blue eyes. She instantly regretted her choice as she felt herself coming face to face her overwhelming confession.

"Do you want something else?" She further asked, concerned that his change of mood was to do with the choice of breakfast she had made.

"No what you made is perfect, but I have to leave Ravenna." The tone of his voice gave him away. There was definitely something that he was not being able to touch on himself.

The rush of departure made Ravenna think over the events that had taken place. Was it something she had done?

"I need to meet up with the Russians today." He added, but Ravenna was still not convinced it was the truthful excuse that had him acting so peculiar all the sudden.

Rafael walked over to the kitchen counter, grabbing his belongings before placing them onto the pocket of his dress pants. Then the most fearing thought entered her. He had heard her last night. He was never asleep in the first place.

"You heard me last night didn't you?" Ravenna questioned as he was about to exit the apartment.

His steps instantly halted, but he didn't turn around to face her. He did hear her last night. But, that fact was not as painful as the fact that he decided to leave.

"Are you walking away from me?" Ravenna asked as the tears in her eyes threatened to trip out onto her cheek bones.

"I'm sorry." He expressed as he opened the door to the only exit.

♢ ♢ ♢

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. My new story will be out very soon, but any delays in the schedule are justified since I have officially headed back to school. Stay safe babes.

♢ ♢ ♢

【AUTHOR CONTACT INFORMATION】

➊. Instagram | erotica_iris_grace

➋. Email | eroticairisgrace@gmail.com

❸. Aesthetician Instagram | iris_grace_

❹. Personal Instagram | itz_jazmine_here

VOTE & COMMENT

J. Iris Grace