•~~Chapter Four~~•

The bass that accompanied the music barely burst through the speakers, making my skin vibrate

The bass that accompanied the music barely burst through the speakers, making my skin vibrate. It was loud and almost becoming a noise but I liked it regardless. She liked it too.

I didn't know the exact song that played but it's rhythm directed my body to some movements that I enjoyed. Her movements were restricted to her head as she was in control of the steering wheel.

Her head went left-right, flowing to the beat of the song. She graced me with a smile when she turned her face to the passenger seat where I sat. We mimed the song and seemed to be living it up, but we were doing something wrong.

Her eyes were supposed to be on the road but that time, they were on me. I looked out through the windscreen and saw that we were already driving on the opposite lane of the road with an eighteen-wheeler insight, racing towards us.

Darting towards us as we were towards it.

Before we knew it, we were in an egg-against-the-rock situation. About to smash or be smashed. Most definitely be smashed.

It happened fast. The blared music still played but I could hear my screams. Terrified of death. No time for last prayers.

She struggled to control the wheel but it was rather late. I shut my eyes, ready for the jumbo impact as I screamed.

"Mummy!"

Impact!

I forced my eyes to open instantly.

Everything was black as space until my phone went ping beside me. It's dim light brightened a part of the room, making me see the regular white ceilings again.

"Urgh! MTN." I groaned.

It was 4:36 am when I checked my phone. I must have copped some z's while waiting for a reply from Rera.

I had poured my heart out in a voice note before I dozed off. I told her how I sincerely felt about her.

I unlocked my phone, and her response was already waiting to be read.

»»"I don't know what to say", followed with a confused emoji were the words she replied with after waiting twenty minutes since the voice note was heard.

'Fuck me! Maybe she doesn't even feel the same way. I fucked up. What was I thinking of? I shouldn't have said anything jare. Ah! Mide you fucked up!'

"Gosh!" I grumbled and slammed my phone on the bed before forcing myself back to sleep.

***

My twin sister and I would rather saunter home from the community school most times since we discovered a shorter route for walkers. Thanks to Dorcas.

She had been a close friend to us. Especially to my sister. She would come to our house on some days to live it up with Olamipo. Mostly to see movies together and of course, talk.