•~~Chapter Two~~•

"What did you say?!"

The look on Miss Solape’s face reminded me of what Dad had told us when he’d joined us in the living room last night.

"I need to talk to you guys." He had said as Olamipo and I watched a football match.

We hadn’t acknowledged his presence immediately, our eyes fixed intently on the screen and in his annoyance, he’d switched off the TV.

"Daddy, na!" We’d chorused but he’d placed the remote control back on the table, ignoring our cries and sitting on the chair beside ours.

"But daddy, why na?" Olamipo had grumbled.

I had buried my head in my palms, chanting series of curse words in my head. God! Man United had just been about to score an equalizer. A whole Manchester derby!

"Listen to me, you guys, this is important. You’re going to start your cultural awareness program with the other kids tomorrow so I need you guys to be very careful. Be very careful!” He’d repeated. “Even with the teachers. I'm not saying you shouldn't make friends. Of course, mix with people, relate, have fun, but don't get into trouble with these people. Don't get too involved with these people! Behave yourselves. They can be dangerous," he had warned us and we had just stared at him.

That couldn't have been all he had to say. I’d expected him to say more before he ended his talk with a goodnight greeting, but he had nothing more to tell us.

I’d raised my eyes to the ceiling in disbelief. He’d switched the TV off…for this? I’d missed a Paul Pogba goal because of that!

Now, Miss Solape was fuming as she asked again.

“What did you say?”

Knowing the sister I had, I stepped in and responded on her behalf before she could say something that would earn her a slap. She would repeat what she had said earlier, if not something even worse, without any remorse of course.

"She said she likes the fact that the people in the town are very happy people and that they smile a lot. I admire that too ma," I said quickly, giving my sister a pointed look as to why I was doing that and thankfully, she understood.

"Is that so?" Miss Solape turned to the other students to confirm my response.

I knew they would probably want to take revenge on us for saying they had brown teeth, but before they could do that, a female voice from beside me spoke first.

"Yes. That was what she said, ma."

Thank you, oh lord!

I waited for the rest class of the class to talk but nobody protested, then I turned quickly to look at the owner voice that had saved us.

Damn, I thought, losing focus on everything else for a second as I stared at what looked to be the most beautiful girl I’d ever seen.

Her light skin glowed like the sun. Spotless and smooth and my hands itched to know how it’d feel to run them over it. With her thick lips and huge doe eyes, she was the definition of beauty.