Chapter 22

One Week Later;

I gasped awake, sitting up right in a bed, the windows were closed and the room smelled of vanilla.

My eyes adjusted to the room, and trained on a silhouette of a person sitting on a chair, as I looked more closely, I could see that it was Roman.

"Ro?" I asked my voice rasped from not talking.

His eyes opened as he quickly stood up coming over to me.

"Ivy. Thank God." Roman said pulling me into his arms.

"What happened? Where's Peter and Letha?" I asked.

He pulled away, and took hold of my hands.

"You've been out for a week, I tried to wake you up but you weren't budging. Castiel said that it was your body turning."

I looked down at my stomach.

"So, I wasn't pregnant?" I asked.

"No, you are, and it's very healthy." He sniffed.

I looked at him more closely, as he looked different and even felt different too.

"Your upir side was just born wasn't it?" I asked as he nodded.

I sighed resting my head on his chest.

"What about the vargulf? And Peter and Letha?" I asked.

"The vargulf was Christina Wendall, Shelley killed her... but then the sheriff shot her and now I have no idea where she is, and everyone is looking for her... and Peter, Lynda and him left town." Roman told me.

But he was leaving something out and my mind went to Letha.

"What about Letha?" I asked.

He stayed silent as tears went to my eyes.

"Oh God. What happened is the baby okay?" I asked.

"It's my fault." He sobbed hiding his face in my neck.

I wrapped my arms around him.

"How is this your fault?" I asked him.

"It wasn't an angel who got her pregnant, it was me! And now she's dead because of me. A-and you what if what happened to Letha, will happen to you?"

"What happened to Letha was not your fault, you understand me?" I asked.

"Women die in childbirth all the time. And I won't die, cause I am actually part angel." I said.

"Let's lay down."

Roman nodded as we laid down, him being the big spoon me the small.

"What happens now?" I asked.

"We get married, I run Godfrey Industries, and you be a beautiful stay at home mom." I rolled my eyes.

"Or I could run Godfrey Industries and you be a stay at home dad." I said.

"Let's agree too disagree." He replied kissing my forehead.

short boring and crappy, but I promise Book Two will be way better