Chapter 15

Two Days Later;

I sat in the coffee shop, working on homework trying to get away from all the drama.

After Peter broke it off with Roman, Roman wanted a day alone, so I went to Letha, to apologize, and too I also asked if she would come on Saturday when Roman and I got married at the court house, she said yes of course. I also know it was petty for me to use mind control on Peter, but he cheated on me with Letha even though I was engaged to Roman and was still was dating him, I also did it because he told me, he was fine with me being engaged and dating him at the same time. And also Letha and my brother had a thing going on.

I was flipping through my Spanish textbook, when my phone rang.

I picked it up, to see that it was Olivia so I answered it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Ivy, somethings happened to Roman." I felt my heart tightened.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I don't know, but I'm picking you up to go to the White Tower, where are you?"

I told Olivia the address before hanging up, I quickly put all my stuff together and went to wait outside.

Olivia and I walked into the lab downstairs, to see Roman laying in a bed with wires all around him.

"Ro." I said going to his left side, grabbing his hand.

"My beautiful boy." Olivia took off her sunglasses, and touched Roman's head.

"He was agitated and clearly had been using narcotics." Pryce, who I haven't met until now, said.

"I was afraid he was a danger to himself,
but I only gave him a sedative. His brain activity.is normal and there's no physiological explanation for his condition." Pryce told us.

"And we're on Norman's turf now, but I suspect he's had a severe psychic break."

"He's preventing himself from waking up."

"He's coming home, Johann." Olivia said.

"I would strongly advise against that.
His condition needs to be monitored." Pryce told her.

"He's coming home." Olivia said again.

Pryce didn't move.

"You heard her. GO!" I yelled at him.

He obeyed leaving to go get some workers to transport Roman's body.

I sat in the seat by his bed, holding onto his hand.

"To become full upir, he needs to die, right?" I asked.

Olivia didn't say a thing.

"He'll wake up, he would want too die, going out a hero." I said and sat back in my chair.

Shelley and I stood side by side as we watched Roman lay on his hospital bed.

"The first thing he'll feel when he wakes up will be... the warmth of the sun on his face. It'll be a pleasant feeling." Olivia said.

"He'll wonder that he ever felt ill."

"Perhaps there'll be a song of a bird,
a mourning dove. I saw a pair just yesterday. They haven't all gone yet."

Shelley touched Roman's leg as Olivia leaned over grabbing her hand.

"Strength and sorrow, give no thus to those you love the most." With that Olivia left, leaving Shelley and I with Roman.

She sat on his bed, as I sat on the chair beside it.

"Come back." Shelley typed into his phone.

"You promised you wouldn't leave me. I need you." I held Roman's hand.

"People say talking to someone in a coma helps them wake up." I told Shelley.

"How are you?" She typed.

I didn't answer.

"You haven't cried. It's okay, you don't have to be strong for me."

As the automatic voice finished, I let out a sob, and tears ran down my face.

"I should've stayed with him, instead of leaving." I sobbed.

I wiped my eyes, sniffing.

"Roman, love. If you can hear me. I'm not going anywhere okay, and we're going to get you out." I said as I laid my head down.

I held Roman's hand, while I had my head down, when I heard footsteps.

I looked up to see Letha, and her dad.

"Hey." Letha said as I got up to hug her.

"Hey." I mumbled.

"What happened?" She asked as we pulled away.

"A drug overdose." Olivia said.

"Can we talk downstairs?" Norman asked Olivia.

She nodded as they made their way out of the room.

"Have you told Peter?" Letha asked.

"No. We aren't exactly on speaking terms." I rasped.

For the last 30 minutes, I have been sobbing and crying so my voice was raw, but I didn't care.

"He would probably listen to you more than me, anyways." I said.

"Actually." She sat down beside me.

"Peter and I aren't together, like dating, he still loves you... I actually contacted, Simon, he's coming Wednesday."

"Really? I thought you liked Peter." I said.

"I do, but you two have something special." She told me.

"I know." I said before looking down at Roman.

"I'm gonna go, if you need anything just call." I nodded.

"I will... and thank you." I said.

"Of course." She leaned down giving me a hug.

She gave Roman a kiss on the cheek before leaving the room.