Chapter 16

I sat outside in the backyard, staring at the landscape in front of me, as I fiddled with my flower crown.

"Those were always your favorite." Peter said as he sat down beside me.

"Yeah, they calm me down." I said.

"I know."

We sat in silence before we spoke up.

"I'm sorry." We both said.

We both laughed.

"Can I go first?" I nodded.

"I'm sorry, I kissed Letha, I was just so angry that you were spending all your time with Roman. I never meant to hurt you." He told me.

"If you were mad, why did you say you loved me and wanted to have dinner, when you could've told me, instead of kissing her." I said.

"I know, I'm very hormonal." I rolled my eyes.

"You are a man beast." Peter chuckled.

"Yeah."

"When I saw you at the cafe, Roman and I were actually on our way to talk to you." I said.

"I cried in the flower shop, because me and you talked about getting married when we were young and how we were going to be together for and I just started sobbing." I shook my head.

"I told Roman, I love him and want to marry him. But I also love you and want to marry you... so Roman suggested we all get married." I looked at him.

"But that's stupid right? We used to make fun of that show on tv, and how we would never do that but I can't be with you and not be with him, and I can't be with him and not with you."

I felt a tear sliding down my face.

"Hey if Roman's okay with us dating, then I'll be fine with that... I think only you becoming a Godfrey is okay with me." He brushed hair away from my face.

"Are you sure? Cause I'm gonna be filthy rich." I said.

"That just means you can buy me things." I rolled my eyes as Peter wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

I rested my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes.

"Do you think he'll ever wake up?"

"I don't know, but I do know, he would want to say goodbye first." I nodded.

The next day after school, Letha and I made our way to the bus, when we saw some kids kicking Peter.

"Hey!"

"Oh, my god!" Letha yelled.

I ran to Peter pushing one of the boys.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" I yelled shielding Peter.

They kicked him again as Letha ran to us,  causing the boys to jump back.

"Get out of here!" I yelled out.

"I'll call Aunt Olivia, we can't take him on the bus." Letha took out her phone.

Peter laid on the ground, as I brushed hair away from his face.

"You tried to fight them didn't you?" I asked.

"Yeah, he called you a slut and I lost it." Peter coughed.

"My hero... come on, let's get you off the ground." I said as we made our way to the grass.

After dropping off Letha, Olivia drove Peter and I to the trailer.