Chapter 9

My arms wrapped around Roman's waist as he stood at the top of the stairs.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"That." He nodded his head as I looked.

Letha and Peter sat there talking and laughing with each other.

"Yeah, that's so wrong?" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going home." I said heading the opposite direction.

"Why?" Roman followed behind me.

"I'm tired, and I want too." I leaned up kissing his cheek.

"See you later." I winked heading off.

The blanket wrapped around me as I watched reruns of Friends, Peter would be home any minute.

And right on que, he walked in bag in hand.

"Hey babe." I said as he gave me a kiss.

"Hey." He said grabbing a mason jar.

"What's that for?" I asked as the door opened to reveal Lynda.

"Hey. How are ya? How was your day?"

"Weird day, month, whatever. Yours?" Peter asked.

"Oh, it was OK. I ran into Olivia at the general store." Lynda replied.

"Well, you know what they say about small towns." I said.

"Yeah, I think she was looking for me."

"Yeah?" Peter asked.

"Oh, yeah. oh, yeah." She sat down.

"The was trying to act sly, but you could smell desperation. I mean, she must've gone through the last of what Vince sold her." I yawned.

"You know? But she can't bring herself to ask someone like me. She wants my stuff." Lynda said as Peter looked through the cabinet.

"I suppose you could just give it to her." Peter said cheekily.

"What would be the fun in that? I got duck." She pulled out a freezer wrapped carcus as I gagged.

"I thought I would make something fancy schmancy tonight."

"Ah, I'm going out." Peter said.

"So am I, that's disgusting."

"I know, your grandfather Nicolai was very proud of you. You know that." I pulled on my boots.

"Do you remember when that picture was taken?" Lynda asked as Peter handed me my jacket.

"No, I can't. See you later." We walked out the door.

"I love you." Lynda said but we were already gone.

I yawned leaning back against the tomb stone, as we waited for Roman to arrive.

"Did you pick out your wedding dress yet?" I nodded.

"Yup, food, flowers and reception planning is next week." I replied lighting up a cigarette.

"It's taking a lot outta ya huh?" He asked removing hair from my eyes.

"Yeah, but it's for a good cause, your aunts and uncles can now relax on their rent." I said.

I heard footsteps as I looked up to see Roman, who threw a bag of shovels over as I squinted my eyes.