𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧-𝐆𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐮𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬🪐

Deciding to continue to take a look around, George had begun to wander about Y/n's flat. He did feel a bit bad for poking around, but he just wanted to see if the rest of Y/n's flat was as unclean as the living room and kitchen had been.

He had been surprised by seeing Y/n's bathroom, toiletries had been placed out atop their bathroom counter. It seemed like Y/n had placed it all out so they could quickly grab something then place it back down without a care.

Y/n's bedroom was the worst. Clothes had been tossed around, some items being wrinkled upon the ground. Their bed was a mess, one of Y/n's four pillows had disappeared from the room. Somehow Y/n had gotten a crease in one of their curtains.

If someone had told George he had walked into a stranger's flat, he would believe them. None of this seemed like Y/n, it felt off to know their home had become this messy.

After walking back into Y/n's living room, George had noticed the picture frame sitting on the hutch in the corner of the room. It held a photo of Y/n and him from the time they had gone on vacation together. Y/n had decided that they wanted to go to Disneyland for their one year anniversary, so that's what they did. In the photo, George was holding Y/n as they placed a kiss on his cheek. It had been taken in front of the castle before they had spent the whole day in Fantasyland.

Something was obviously wrong with Y/n, considering how everything was going. A messy flat, trying to keep themself away from their friends, but always trying to stay too busy. Making his way into the kitchen, George had decided to help Y/n out a bit.

It was 10:30 when Y/n finally got back to their flat. They originally had gotten off from work four hours earlier, but they had chosen to take another one of their friend's shifts for them. Y/n just wasn't ready to come back home to an empty flat. When their flat would be empty, it would only cause their mind to fill with anxious thoughts. It always felt like their anxiety would end up screaming at them.

'You're not good enough.'

'None of your friends like you.'

'You're not beautiful, you never will be beautiful.'

Walking down the hall, Y/n checked their phone. No missed calls. No texts. Nothing. Nothing from their friends. Nothing from their boyfriend. Maybe they were right, maybe their boyfriend was losing interest in them.

Just as they had entered the flat, a prickling sensation shot down their spine. Someone was in their flat. Right away they had heard the TV from the living room with the light of the electronic illuminating the hallway leading into the room. Y/n was just tempted to leave, call the police to come to search their flat for anyone.

But they had been in a rush that morning. They had wanted to get to work earlier to get a few shifts done early (but had only been told by their boss to take a break (So instead they went and grabbed a coffee, trying to burn time). But they could've ended up leaving their TV on without realizing it. Y/n would feel bad if it turned out to just be the latter and they were overreacting. What if they had ended up calling the police only to realize they left their TV that morning?

'The officers would hate you.'

'They'd find it annoying they came out to waste their time.'

'God, you're an idiot.'

"Y/n? Is that you?"

The sound of someone's voice echoed down the hallway. As soon as Y/n heard the voice, relaxation overcame them. It was only George, their boyfriend. But just as quick as they relaxed, they tensed up. This could be it. This could be the moment their relationship ended. He could've been waiting in Y/n's flat for hours, preparing his apology to come with dumping Y/n.

"Uh, yeah," they called out meekly, slowly walking into the living room. Right away, they had been surprised by the sight. Their flat looked completely different than it did this morning. Everything was much tidier than they had left it. George sat on the couch, an unamused look on his face. Oh no.

"Y/n, where have you been? I've been worried about you."

"I've... I've just been busy."

"Busy with work? Have they been giving you too many shifts?"

Yes.

"No," taking a seat beside their boyfriend, Y/n lied through their teeth.

"Has there just been something going on? Is this your way of showing me you're losing interest? I thought we'd last a lot longer than this. I mean-"

"No, no, no. George, none of this has been connected to you." A panicked look appeared on Y/n's face as George spoke. Y/n felt terrible, they felt guilty for making George think they had been planning to break it off with him. "I've just had a lot of anxiety for a while now, and it just feels like it builds up every time I have free time. I just needed some way to keep it all away. Working extra shifts just... made it feel better in a way."

Silence followed as George took in everything Y/n said. His silence had only made their fear increase, maybe he was planning to break up with them.

"Y/n... I want you to know I'm here for you. I understand anxiety isn't fun. I love you."

George had taken his partner's hands into his. His thumbs rubbing gently over Y/n's hands as he watched them. Y/n couldn't help but crack a smile from hearing what George had to say. It did mean a lot to them.

"I'm sorry I've been so distant with you, Georgie. And I'm sorry I haven't been really hanging around my friends. I've been a mess, I've been such a fucking mess."

As Y/n spoke, their voice practically broke. George felt bad for them, he never was someone who had to suffer anxiety as Y/n did. Carefully, he held their face in his hands, making Y/n look up at him. Their eyes were teary-eyed.

"oh, Y/n... please don't apologize for being human," he cooed softly. "You're allowed to feel. You're allowed to get anxious. You're a human being, it's normal for you to feel this stuff."

"I'm just so sick of feeling this way, George."

"I promise it'll get better. I thought maybe this weekend me and you could go on a trip together? A small vacation just to relax?" He cracked a gentle smile at his partner, watching as they thought it over. After a few seconds, they gave their answer.

"Only if you spend the night."

George's smile had widened into a cheeky grin. "Deal."

WC: 1.8k+