Car Rides & A Trucy

The bell rang and students flooded out of classrooms to get home. There weren't any activities after school in the building so the place was cleared in just a few minutes. Apollo sat on a bench just outside the school, waiting for his mother to arrive. Ema had already left with Lana. They were supposedly going to go test out some forensics devices near the prosecutor's office.

   Ten minutes had passed and Apollo was still on the bench. Nearly all the kids besides a few waiting for a late bus were gone. He finally checked his phone and saw a message about what was going on from his mom. "Sorry, sweetheart. I'm busy so Zak is picking you two up." The text was from 20 minutes ago. Trucy must've already been picked up herself. He started playing Minecraft to pass the time.

   Thirty minutes passed. He didn't notice how much time had passed until he checked the clock on his phone. The student's parking lot was completely empty besides a single black car. Zak still hadn't shown up, and Apollo knew he wasn't getting picked up. He was about to start walking when someone he couldn't seem to escape came up to him.

   "Do you need a ride, Herr Justice?" It was Klavier. Behind him was Kristoph. Both of them seemed genuinely concerned.

   "I suppose I do..." Klavier immediately grabbed his hand and began pulling him towards the one car in the lot. Kristoph followed silently.

   "Keys." Klavier reached into his pocket and handed a set of keys to Kristoph. "I assume you two will want the back," Kristoph said, unlocking the car. The other two quickly got into the car.

   They just pulled out of the parking lot when Klavier decided to interrogate Apollo on what happened. "Why were you sitting there for so long? You could've asked for a ride."

   "My ride didn't come. I also wasn't going to pester you to give me a ride the first day we met!"

   "Who was supposed to be picking you up?"

   "Just my step-dad."

   "Is this a normal occurrence, Herr Forehead?"

   "Wh- No! My mom usually gets me."

   "Herr Forehead? Really, brother?" The man in the driver's seat spoke up. Apollo and Klavier ignored him though.

   "I meant him not picking you up when he's supposed to." Apollo went silent at that. Klavier slowly rested his hand on Apollo's knee. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize."

   "I'm fine."

   Kristoph groaned in frustration. "Can one of you tell me where I'm supposed to be driving?"  

   "Oh, it's the one actual house house near Fey & Co. Law Offices," Apollo answered. Kristoph mumbled out a thank you and turned a quick corner. The ride was silent for a bit after that.

   It wasn't long before Klavier began to lean on Apollo uncomfortably. "Why must you live so far from the school?" he grumbled. Klavier brought Apollo's hand to his hair and left it there. It seemed like he was trying to distract and comfort himself about something at the same time.

   "Klavier, is something wrong?" Apollo wanted to pull his hand away, but he could tell something was up. Klavier seemed a lot tenser than before. He was in no way this uncomfortable or clingy earlier. The other still hadn't responded to him. "Klav?"

   He only received a groan in response. Apollo moved his hand off of Klavier's hair and patted him on the shoulder. "Kristoph, do you know what's up with Klavier?" The older one sighed and glanced in the mirror.

   "Motion sickness. Apparently he managed to forget about it when he climbed in the back. That or he ran out of Dramamine and didn't tell me like most of his problems. Just keep him distracted until we drop you off. Don't panic if he falls asleep either, it might be better for him to be asleep than awake depending on how bad the motion sickness wants to be," Kristoph explained. That made sense. Kristoph's attention was fully back on the road now.