Two Bros Chilling on a "First Date" 5 Feet Apart Cuz They're Not Gay

Apollo stood outside with his best friend, waiting for Klavier to get out. Clay didn't have to be there but he essentially blackmailed Apollo into letting him wait with him. "You can stay, but you are not telling Trucy about this."

   "Fine, but only because I love you. Where's your boyfriend anyway?" Clay asked, looking to the front doors with his arm around Apollo's shoulder.

   "He's not my boyfriend, Clay."

   "But you want him to be." Apollo's silence afterwards spoke for itself.

   The doors opened from even more students that they weren't looking for, leaving the building. Clay looked down at his phone. He didn't seem to see what he was looking for, and immediately put it away.

   "You still didn't answer my question, Apollo."

   Apollo looked up at him, Clay was already looking back. "I don't know his schedule, but he's probably still in his last class."

   "Speaking of last classes, you smell great," Clay remarked sarcastically, grinning at him.

   Apollo lightly nudged Clay away, laughing. "Like you smell any better."

   Clay's face reddened. "I didn't mean to be dragged into an ongoing gym class. I just wanted to find the right office."

   "You could've just asked me where it was. Or asked Athena or Ema for bandages. One of them probably has some. You know they'd understand."

   "Would they...?"

   Before Apollo could respond, two tall idiots joined them. Clay perked back up as he greeted them, "Hey Daryan! Hi Klavier."

   "Herr Terran! I wasn't expecting you to still be here. I'm afraid I may have to snatch Apollo from you."

   "Heh. No problem, I was planning on leaving once you got out anyway. Don't break him, okay?" Clay asked, already beginning to walk off towards the parking lot.

   Klavier shared a confused look with Apollo. "I... don't plan on it?"

   Clay looked back smiling. "That warning's for Apollo! You're good, Klavier!" He then fingergunned and continued onto wherever he was going in the lot.

   The duo weren't alone yet seeing as Daryan was still with them. Daryan seemed to get what was going on. "You guys can go. I'm waiting for Space Case to leave. I parked over there."

   "Are you sure, Daryan?"

   "I'll be fine, Klav. It's not like I'll have to deal with Mixeur."

   "Clay's not actually that bad. He's just weird," Apollo chimed in. In hindsight it was probably a weird timing, but the other two didn't seem to mind. Daryan just shrugged, and stared off into the distance. Klavier chuckled, passing a look to an oblivious Daryan, before starting to walk away. Apollo followed.

   He nudged Klavier. "What was that about?"

   "What was what?"

   Apollo gestured back behind them. "That!"

   Klavier looked over. "Oh. That was just making fun of him for making assumptions. I don't think he actually noticed though. The other three will probably be less discreet once-" he corrected himself, "-if they find out."

   "Other three?"

   "Adagio, Canto, and likely Mixeur if he doesn't try killing Clay first."

   "It takes more than spite to kill Clay, I can tell you that much."

   Klavier faced Apollo, a strange look on his face. "Please don't tell me you know that from experience, Herr Justice."