Gays, Chaos, and (Suggested) Murders

Apollo stood a few feet away from the group's table, trying to figure out what was going on with his best friend. "Clay, what's wrong with sitting at the table? What did it do to you?"

   "Nothing! I just... feel like sitting somewhere else today."

   Apollo held up his bracelet. "You know your lying doesn't work against me."

   Clay looked off to the other tables in the cafeteria. "Just somewhere else, okay? Please?" A pleading look resided in his eyes.

   "Seriously, Clay. What's wrong with the regular table? We can sit somewhere else, but you better explain yourself."

   Clay sighed in relief. In that moment, Apollo noticed the unusual black and white haired visitor joining the morning table for the first time. "You're quite the coward for someone that's planning to be a future astronaut. I haven't seen you avoid someone this badly since the one time you told Ema forensic science wasn't a real science like 5 years ago."

   "Hey! It's just-" Clay groaned. "You know why."

   Apollo rested both of his hands on Clay's shoulders. "I know it's hard, but just apologize to him. You're going to seem like more of an asshole if you don't."

   "But what if he doesn't accept it?"

   "You'd still be taking a step in the right direction, Clay," Apollo reassured him. He furrowed his brows. "Why do you care so much about what Daryan thinks about it anyway?"

   Clay looked away, closing himself in his jacket as best he could with his shoulders being held. "I just think he's kinda cool..."

   "Clay?"

   Ema's voice cut into their conversation. "Are you two idiots going to start slow dancing or sit down with us?" People from other nearby tables turned to face them, and Apollo dropped his arms from Clay's shoulders. Clay seemed even more shrunk in on himself than before.

   "We'll be there in a sec," Apollo answered.

   "I'm going to just go downstairs... I'll talk to Daryan at lunch," Clay said before leaving towards the staircase.

   Apollo watched him leave before joining the rest of his friends at the table. Even though he felt bad letting him go alone, he knew Clay needed his space. He just hoped that Clay wouldn't get himself killed while he was off on his own.

   Ema threw a snackoo at Apollo's forehead. "Took you long enough. Your foppish boyfriend was beginning to wonder if he was going to have to go to his stupid Latin class alone."

   Klavier choked on his water. "He's not my boyfriend."

   "How you've talked to me about him suggests otherwise," Daryan teased.

   "Ich hasse dich..." He threw his bangs over what Apollo thought might've been a blush on his face.

   It wasn't often Apollo saw the other flustered. It wasn't a bad look either. Without having to watch over Clay's shenanigans, maybe, just maybe, he could join in on some himself. He got up and made his way to the other side of the table, offering a hand to Klavier.

   Klavier took it and got up. "Danke, Apollo."

   Time to put the stupid get payback for the first few days after meeting Klavier plan into action. The actual title needed some work, but it was still better than Clay's titling skills. "You're welcome. Now, let's get to class, babe. Don't want to be late for Latin now, do we?" he asked, leading Klavier away by the hand towards their classroom. Both flushed as Daryan cackled back at the table behind them.