Lunchtime Troubles

Apollo walked out of his last class before break, and went over to the same table from that morning. Athena was sitting there talking with some girl. Apollo felt like he should've recognized the twin braided woman, but he couldn't place from where. He sat down next to Athena. "Have you seen Ema yet?"

   Athena shook her head. "I'm pretty sure she still has class this period. Did you need to talk to her about something?" she asked.

   "Kind of?"

   The other girl spoke up, "Is it about Klavier?"

   "Yeah, it is. Wait, how did you know?"

   "I noticed him talking to you by the Latin classroom. 'Thena also told me about this morning." The girl smiled. Apollo definitely knew her from somewhere. He looked over to Athena who had started giggling.

   "Apollo, do you really not remember Junie?"

   "Juniper?!" Juniper just shyly waved. "Wow. You're... different. You grew your hair out more?" Apollo asked Athena's childhood friend. Athena had known Juniper far longer than Apollo, but she did introduce the two to each other.

   "Uh, yeah... I guess I did," Juniper whispered. Her face reddened as she did so.

   "Cool," Apollo replied awkwardly as Athena and Juniper started laughing while looking behind him. "What's so funny?" A soft chuckle rang behind him next to his ear. Apollo yelled in shock.

   "Surprised you didn't notice me earlier, Herr Forehead." Apollo jumped back a bit at hearing Klavier's voice right next to him. He was leaning over the space beside him, holding a tray of food. "I'm not exactly bland to look at, ja?"

   "Wh- yes?" That answer seemed to satisfy Klavier as he sat next to Apollo. After that, the taller shortly began small talk like some sort of person who actually likes talking to strangers.

   Apollo and Klavier were in the middle of a discussion about law when Ema came over. "What's up with the fop and Justice?" she asked the other two.

   Athena let go of Juniper's hands that she had been inspecting the nails of. "Don't know, but their hearts both sound happy. Junie, how did you get dirt that far under your nails?"

   "I didn't mean to, 'Thena..."

   "Were you over-stressing over your garden again?" Juniper nodded slowly, her face was red.

   "Oh, Junie..." Athena took Juniper's hands again, caressing the knuckles with her thumbs. Ema coughed, gaining the attention of the girls again. "Sorry, Ema."

   Ema sighed. "What do you mean you can hear their hearts?" Athena looked a bit confused then realization filled her face.

   "Ah! It's kind of a thing that happens, and one of the reasons why I made Widget here!" She tapped on the necklace around her neck. "Enhanced hearing that lets me hear the discord in people's hearts. Kind of sucks, but today I haven't been near people too much."

   "Stop complimenting me!" Apollo suddenly yelled with a very flustered expression.

   Klavier laughed. "Would you rather me insult you? Didn't take you as the type that was into that sort of thing." Apollo burst into an onset of gibberish. "Ah, Fräulein Skye. Didn't realize you were here."

   "Finally you're done flirting with him. Why are you even here?" Ema crossed her arms as she glared at the man.

   "I'm not flirting, at least not yet. I've only been joking and trying to raise his self esteem as Herr Justice happens to be a new friend of mine," Klavier responded, trying not to look too hurt by the glare. He had gotten used to being glared at in Germany anyway.