A Weekend With Junie Woods (Saturday)

Athena stood hesitantly outside of her childhood friend's home. Sure she was used to the mountains and climbing them, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was that she hadn't visited since they reunited in the last year. Sure she and Juniper have been getting along great since they ran into each other again, but Athena wasn't sure how well her relationship with Junie's grandmother stood the years they were apart.

   The door swung open to reveal a short woman with her braided hair in a fuss. "Th-Thena?! I wasn't expecting you here this soon," Juniper whispered, staring at the floor.

   "I'm guessing you didn't take into account that I've been running daily. Hey, Junie." Athena smiled at her friend and that seemed to lift the shorter's spirits.

   "Nana is making key lime pie in the kitchen. I remembered that used to be your favorite so I had her make it," Junie muttered.

   "Aww, Junie. Thank you. I can't believe I haven't visited sooner than this."

   Juniper giggled. "Maybe it's a good thing you didn't. This is the best our key limes have been so far! Oh sorry. That got loud, didn't it?" She hid herself the best she could under her hat. Athena lifted the hat off her best friend's head and put it on herself.

   "Junie, it's perfectly alright. I haven't heard you be that loud since we were reunited. What happened with the student council president role anyway? I wasn't back in school with you until this year y'know."

   She glanced down and slowly started knitting a scarf. There wasn't much detail in the scarf yet, but Athena could tell that Junie already had a design picked out. "Well, after the drama with Professor Means, the student council disbanded. Myriam, Hugh, and Robin helped the best they could to make sure student events still happened for the rest of the year. I don't think anybody's been more happy with how their prom photos turned out!" Juniper smiled. It was great news to hear that Scuttlebutt was getting along well with the trio as well.

   "How are Hugh, Robin, and Myriam anyway?" Athena questioned, adjusting the hat she stole from her friend. "They all kind of had major changes happen in just a few short days."

   "Yeah... Hugh's doing extra online courses to get caught up to where he's supposed to be. He tried so hard on his own. I can't believe his parents would do that to him. Robin and I have been checking on him at least once a week. He's made so much progress for himself!"

   Juniper's scarf had finally reached the shape of the first pattern. That's strange. It was a light pink heart on a mainly yellow scarf so far. Athena shook her head and looked back towards the brunette. "That's so sweet of you guys! I'm so glad you guys are still as close as you are!"

   "We couldn't have done it alone. Thank you, 'Thena. You're always welcome to join us." Juniper gasped. "We should invite everyone somewhere this next weekend!"

   Athena tackled her friend into a tight hug. "That's an amazing idea Junie! I bet Klavier could use the extra help fitting back in." She pulled away quickly remembering something. "Wait! You still haven't told me how the other two are doing!"

   Juniper dropped the scarf in shock in realization. She hurriedly bent over to pick up the work in progress. Athena knelt down to help as well. As they made eye contact, hands touching when they grabbed the same part of the scarf, they burst into a giggle fit. It didn't help that shortly after, Athena pinned Juniper down, tickling her. "Th-thena! Stop! My sides already hurt!" Junie yelled between gasps of laughter.

   Athena fell back onto the floor, still laughing as she finally freed her tickling prisoner. Juniper's hat slid across the floor behind her. Both girls laid there with an occasional giggle, their faces both very red. Eventually Juniper picked herself up from the ground, not wanting to possibly get even more dirt on her dress. She held out one of her gloved hands to the mess of a psychology student still collapsed on the floor. With an extra push from Athena, they were both upright in the entryway again.