Good Morning Japanifornia (AKA The Chapter Where They Stand Outside Too Long)

Klavier woke up cold that morning. The heat must've been turned down, and Vongole had to be with her actual owner for once. It wasn't normal for his parents to turn the heat down in the morning like this. They always complained about the house being too cold at night and in the morning. It wasn't ever actually cold, but they complained nonetheless.

   He stumbled to the kitchen after doing the monotonous job of actually getting ready for school. Klavier felt like he missed something, but pushed the thought away as he was curious about the coldness of the house. It was empty aside from two plates of food on the counter. Normally Kristoph would at least be in here eating his breakfast. His plate wasn't even touched.

   Suddenly a golden ball of fur bounded into the room, dragging a very disoriented future attorney behind her. It took a few seconds for Kristoph to steady himself. The dog continued pulling at her leash, trying to tackle her second favorite person down. "Vongole, come here." Vongole stopped pulling and walked over to the older. Kristoph leaned down to unhook the leash from the puppy's harness. "There you go, Sweetheart." The chaotic furball took off towards Klavier again, knocking him slightly back with a jump.

   "Good morning to you too," Klavier laughed, taking Vongole's front legs and dancing with her before she got down herself. "Get out of the kitchen, love." She whined a little, but sauntered her way to her dog bed in the living room.

   Kristoph crossed his arms in confusion. "Since when do you call people 'love'?"

   "Vongole responds to your weird british nicknames better than she responds to any german nickname I've given her," Klavier casually replied.

   "I'd say the German is stranger to her, brother. She's my dog after all." Klavier huffed reluctantly in response as he sat down to eat. "Don't be too disappointed. She still responds to some of your tricks in German for whatever reason. Whenever you had the time to actually teach her the tricks, I'm not sure." Kristoph joined him to eat. It was pretty silent as both of them finished the breakfast.

   The silence wasn't interrupted until Kristoph was cleaning the dishes in the sink. "We still need to get that hole in the fence fixed," he mentioned. Klavier hummed in response. He didn't really know how to respond when his brother brought up stuff like that. Usually their parents handled any issues with the house, but apparently that didn't apply to most of the backyard. The hole in the fence had been there since they returned from Germany, yet their parents refuse to actually do something about it.

   A few minutes after dishes were clean, the Gavin brothers were sitting in the car. Vongole watched through the curtains as her favorite people took off down the road to school. She barked goodbye at them, and even barked at some random walking stranger for good measure.

   Klavier gazed out the window while some boring radio show played in the car. He never got an answer from Kristoph whether he purposely listens to the show or if he just doesn't know how to change the radio channels. There'd always be something coming up before his brother could respond.

   Klavier was about to ask about it again, but Kristoph had something to say first. "I'm not sure if you noticed, but it appears you forgot to braid your hair this morning," Kristoph said, glancing at the passenger's seat. Oh fuck. He knew he was forgetting something earlier. It was too late to do something about it though, as the car just pulled up next to the school.

   "I'll be parking in the usual spot," Kristoph mentioned as he abandoned the younger at the front area of the school.

   Klavier didn't have any extra hair ties with him since Daryan used them all up and he hadn't had time to go buy more yet. He was just going to have to suffer today. He couldn't recall a time anybody at their school saw him with his hair in anything other than the drill thing or the shorter cut he had before they went to Germany.