18 | it's satan, in a crop top

"Obviously, nothing's gonna come out of it

"Obviously, nothing's gonna come out of it. I mean, I may never see her again... I mean I hope she does come back, but she said she won't be back until Landon is safe and that could honestly be a really long time." Hope trailed off, talking to Emma about her crush on Ruby.

"And nobody wants a phone-thing. Though, I do like the sound of her voice. It's sweet and happy.. kind of soothing... And her eyes! Her eyes are like, this gorgeous brown color and—" Hope caught herself and realised she'd been talking for several long moments without any pause and groaned suddenly as she looked down at the floor.

"Oh, my God. Who am I right now?" She asked aloud as Emma giggled and sat her coffee mug down on the table between them. "A normal teenager?" The witch responded.

Hope seemed surprised by the emotion she'd just shown in talking about Ruby, but Emma smiled, clearly happy at the progress Hope has made in the last few weeks.

"Though I do love hearing you talk about something as simple as having a crush on a girl, you do not need a counselor, Hope..." Emma confessed, "You need a friend." She spoke, before she squeezed Hope's shoulder affectionately.

❤︎

"Woot woot! Happy birthday, witches!" Penelope cheered, opening the door to the Saltzman twins dorm, as she held two birthday cupcakes in her hands. Monica stood beside Penelope, and suddenly took ones of the cupcakes. Lizzie's face lit up when she sees the blonde.

"It's Satan in a crop top. Come to burn my world down?" Lizzie asked Penelope, who was too busy looking at Monica with a frown, as she'd taken a bite out of the cupcake. "That's not for you." The witch huffed, causing Monica to shrug. "Lizzie and I can share it." She declared, though she wanted to eat the entire thing to herself. "Oh no, go for it." Lizzie replied in a chirpy tone, as Monica grinned, before she continued to eat the cake.

"What do you want?" Josie asked annoyedly. "Oh, just to cheer you two up. You know, 'cause your mom's not coming..." Penelope replied to her ex. Josie and Lizzie's faces fell as Penelope just smirked. Monica paused, not having any idea about this either.

"Oh, I heard them cancel her pickup at the office. I thought you knew. Oops!" Penelope said as Lizzie glared at Penelope before telekinetically slamming the door in her face.

❤︎

"I swear I had no idea Caroline wasn't coming." Monica confessed, as herself and the twins were approaching the office. Lizzie shook her head in annoyance, because she tried to open the door, but it didn't budge. Josie and Monica frowned, before each trying to open the door, only to meet the same result.