34 | it's nice to have a friend

"Mon— hey are you alright?" Ruby asked gently, as she approached the vampire who had hidden down the corner or another hallway

"Mon— hey are you alright?" Ruby asked gently, as she approached the vampire who had hidden down the corner or another hallway. Monica reluctantly faced Ruby. "No— I just I can't—" The blonde stammered as Ruby's face fell, realising just how upset the idea of being included in the event made her. "It's okay, you don't have to do it." Ruby insisted, as she stepped forward to embrace the taller girl.

Monica sunk into Ruby's arms. "I had a bad experience last time I got all dressed up... I got stood up actually... and embarrassed in front of my entire school" She trailed off. "And the other students all said it was because I am transgender."

"Well they can all go fuck off!" Ruby huffed angrily, before she pulled away from Monica now. "How dare they?! You are literally one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. I'm sure if they saw you now, they'd kill for your looks." The Waithe grumbled, visibly annoyed by this story.

Monica laughed awkwardly, "Thanks for trying to make me feel better.." She said, with a weak smile. Ruby just smiled back, "Of course, you're my best friend." She admitted, as Monica's expression softened. It was the first time she'd ever said that... and Monica felt the same way.

As the girls hugged again they didn't realise on the other corner of the hallway, stood Lizzie. She'd gone to talk to Monica but overheard the pair talking. The blonde looked shocked, as she had just learnt of Monica's secret.

❤︎

Ruby and Hope practiced the dance, keeping their hands apart as it had been made very clear, the dance was about near touch.

"Have you got a dress for the event?" Hope asked quietly as Ruby nodded. "Lizzie has a dress that I can borrow." She insisted excitedly as the tribrid smiled. "She's lending me a dress too.." She laughed in response.

Suddenly the girls were told to be quiet.

In the other side of the room Jordan and Josie were dancing, as Josie seemed quite sad. "Hey... are you alright?" Jordan asked quietly as she shook her head, "I think I'm just disappointed with Lizzie.." She admitted with a sigh. "She didn't even consider choosing me."

Jordan nodded, understanding her upset though if he had heard all of Josie's negative comments towards the event prior to today, he may have pointed that out to her... but he knew no better.

"Well... I think you're still going to make the most beautiful girl in the Mystic falls court, if I'm being honest." Jordan admitted, making Josie chuckle slightly before she gave Jordan a smile. "That's corny... but thanks." She responded, as Jordan smiled back, "Of course." He replied, happy to see her smiling.

Meanwhile at the Mystic Grill, Monica was sitting in a chair across from Cynthia, as they were eating lunch. Well... Cynthia was eating lunch, Monica went ahead and ordered a milkshake. She did eye Cynthia's spaghetti bolognese, feeling suddenly hungry, but she knew it wouldn't taste the same as food tasted when she was human.

"So you're not participating?" Cynthia asked, as Monica had just blurted what had been troubling her. "No I'm not— I'm so sorry to have just dropped this all on you." The Montgomery confessed, embarrassed by her sudden vent, though Cynthia shook her head, "Sweetheart, it is no big deal." She assured her, before she took a sip of her cola.

"I understand why you are scared, because of terrible past experiences... but I think this time it would be totally different. Even though it absolutely shouldn't make any difference, almost nobody knows your secret, and it sounds to me like you have this school wrapped around your finger, so nothing bad should happen." Cynthia trailed off, as Monica took this all in.

"I would love to throw on a beautiful dress and enjoy a night... it's something I've dreamed of." Monica confessed to the woman. "You know... your mother would be so proud of you. Rue always loved these kind of events. When we were younger, she told me how excited she was to have a daughter, to dress her up in cute dresses and watch her mesmerise any room she walks into." The Monroe trailed off as Monica seemed surprised. "Really?" She asked.

Cynthia nodded instantly, "Yeah really... and you, Monica Montgomery, would absolutely just mesmerise everybody." The Monroe declared, as Monica smiled brightly for a moment.

As the pair continued with their food and beverages, Monica continued to think about this. Cynthia was right, this would be completely different. She'd practically fully transitioned, and didnt look masculine in any way... no one other than Ruby and Jordan (that she knew of) would know her secret.

Monica placed her milkshake glass down, before she looked to Cynthia. "I'm gonna do it." She decided, as the witch looked up at her, "You are?" She asked with a smile as Monica gave a nod. The Monroe clapped her hands together, "Yay, that is so exciting."

When the Montgomery returned to the school, Lizzie couldn't contain her excitement as Monica had told her she'd participate in Miss Mystic falls. The siphoner practically threw herself onto Monica, hugging her. Monica laughed in response, before hugging her back.

"Hey um... about that conversation we were having earlier.." Monica decided to bring up, as Lizzie stepped back from the vampire. "That'll have to wait— we have a lot to do." She decided, as her arms dropped to her side. "Cmon, come with me."

❤︎

Ruby helped to zip up Hope's dress, before looking at her in the mirror. "It's stunning— you look so beautiful!" The Waithe blurted out, as Hope smiled, "Thank you Ru."

The tribrid turned to face Ruby again, as they shared a kiss. Ruby brought her hand to Hope's face, cupping her cheek as they began to kiss more passionately.

Hope pulled away before she asked, "Where is your dress?" To which the werewolf answered, "Lizzie is going to bring to me later." As she removed her hand from Hope's cheek and instead wrapped her hands around the Mikealson's waist.

The pairs lips connected again, as they began to kiss passionately once more. Hope slowly moved Ruby towards her bed, as Ruby's hands clasped on the zip of Hope's dress, and she began to pull it down.

Ruby pulled away quickly, "Wait... are we really about to do this?" She asked, wanting to make sure Hope was okay with this and not rush into anything. Hope nodded, as she lifted a hand to cup Ruby's cheek. "I'm definitely okay with this... are you?"

Ruby nodded quickly. "I need to hear you say it." Hope teased, causing Ruby to roll her eyes playfully, "Yes, Hope Mikealson, I want to have sex with you." Ruby couldn't keep a straight face as she'd said that, and neither could Hope as she burst out laughing. 

The pair went back to kissing passionately before Hope pulled away to glance at the clock at her night stand, to make sure they had time for this. Realising that they did, she turned back to Ruby as the pinkette had removed her shirt.

Hope couldn't help but to grin slightly as she threw her dress aside, keeping it neat but making sure it wouldn't get crumpled as the girlfriends moved themselves onto the bed, to continue what they'd started.