66 | growing pains

Ruby and Monica entered the school, finding Hope in the hallways

Ruby and Monica entered the school, finding Hope in the hallways. Hope offered her love a smile and Ruby forced a smile back, revealing her new fangs. She wasn't happy about completing her transition, but she was more unhappy about dying in a few hours and leaving those she loved behind, especially after they'd just gotten her back.

Hope embraced Ruby, and the werewolf hugged her back, before they separated. "Your brothers were looking for you." The Mikealson hummed. "I guess I better go find them." The newly turned hybrid responded. The pinkette kissed Hope's cheek before she started walking away, but not before also giving Monica a wave.

Monica waved back, before turning to Hope. "She really struggled." The vampire spoke, quietly. "But I'm going to help her, as much as I possibly can." Hope smiled sympathetically, "Thank you, Mon."

❤︎

Ruby knocked on the door to Landon and Rafael's dorm. She received no answers but heard something unusual coming from the bedroom. The Waithe pushed the door open, and blinked in surprise when she saw her twin doubled over, retching up a dark bloody liquid onto the carpet.

"Rafael!" Ruby blurted in shock, as Landon looked up to Ruby, a smear of black liquid on his hand. "We need to get Dr Saltzman!" Landon ordered. Ruby nodded as she made a beeline for her twin, while Landon left to grab Alaric.

Sometime later Ruby sat in a chair, outside Alaric's office. Her feet tapped nervously on the floor. She wanted to be inside the office with her twin, but he had asked that he could be alone. So instead the hybrid waited nervously outside.

"Ruby!" Monica and Lizzie callee out in unison, as they approached the rattled hybrid. "Has Ric come up with a solution yet?" The Montgomery asked, as Ruby shook her head sadly, as her eyes showed visible stress.

Lizzie's face fell. She understood just how terrified Ruby must be feeling, the Saltzman didn't know how she'd act if Josie was in Rafael's position right now.

The siphoner stepped forward and embraced Ruby as the pinkette hugged Lizzie back. "I'm sure Raf will pull through.. your brother is strong." Lizzie said, as Ruby stayed quiet, trying her best not to burst into tears.

Monica watched the pair hug, but stopped suddenly as she noticed Ruby's eyes change, as veins popped out from under them. Being so close to Lizzie, the hybrid could hear her blood pulsing through her veins. Ruby didn't realise that she was baring her fangs, and quickly and in a blur, Monica pulled Lizzie away from Ruby. With fear in both of their eyes, the couple looked up at the Waithe.

Realising what she'd nearly just done, Ruby covered her mouth in shock. "Oh my god.. Lizzie— I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to— I—"