07 | some people just want to watch the world burn

Using one of the phones in the cellar, Alaric called Dorian for an update as he'd initially reached out to the Williams for help hours prior

Using one of the phones in the cellar, Alaric called Dorian for an update as he'd initially reached out to the Williams for help hours prior. "Please tell me you have something." Alaric said. "Connection sucks. Where are you?" Dorian could be heard asking. Hope rolled her eyes before calling out to Dorian, "Root cellar full of contraband that our pickpocket Landon Kirby claims he didn't steal."

Rafael and Ruby just looked at Hope exasperatedly. "There's a fire-breather outside. Can you prioritize your rage?" Ruby asked, annoyedly. Hope wanted to snap back at the wolf, asking why she was still defending the Kirby when he had lied to the twins.

"Dragon." Dorian suddenly blurted. "What?" Alaric and Hope asked. "Dragon. She steals treasure, breathes fire, hides the loot in her lair... She's-she's not a pyromancer, she's a—" Dorian is cut off as Alaric scoffed and rolled his eyes, thinking Dorian was being ridiculous. "Dragons don't exist, or look like normal people."

"There was a time we would have said that about vampires." Dorian reminded Alaric, who then sighed impatiently. "Okay, fine. She's a human dragon. Now what?"

"In anything I've ever read— The way to take down a dragon? You need a buttload of courage and a sword." Dorian said as Hope held up the blade she just received back from Landon. "How about a knife?" She suggested.

Outside the cellar, the dragon-woman was staring at the cellar doors, smoke pouring out of her nose and mouth as she growls lowly.

Suddenly, the doors flew open and Hope jumped up from inside the cellar, landing lightly on the ground in front of the dragon and wasting no time telekinetically shoving her backwards, with a simple thrust of her arm.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you smoking's bad for you?" Hope asked as the dragon-woman landed on her side facing away from Hope. She flipped herself onto her front before starting to stand, while glaring angrily at Hope, who just shrugged sarcastically. "I know— quitting's hard."

The dragon's growling turned to a roar as she breathed an enormous fiery blast at Hope, who raised her right hand to block it by clutching the knife and using her magic to protect herself from the flames.

The fire inched closer to the tribrid until finally, Rafael and Ruby appeared and each tossed a brick at the dragon, which hit her in the head and knock her onto the ground, distracting her enough to stop blasting her with fire.

Hope gave them an exasperated look, "Took you guys long enough!" She huffed at the twins. "Sorry. I couldn't find a rock."

"There's literally a lair full of heavy objects!" The Mikeason responded. Meanwhile the dragon-woman recovered from the hit and got ready to stand on her feet.