Chapter 13: The Drill

Aang offers to fly you up to the wall which you agree with. Once landing on the wall, the two of you part ways. However, you're stopped when you see something in the distance.

Y/N: Uh Aang. What in Yangchen's name is that?

  You point out as Aang also notices the giant metal monstrosity.

Aang: This is bad, we have to tell the others.

  He holds out his hand, but you hesitate.

Aang: What's wrong?

  You shake your head to get the ideas out of your head.

Y/n: 'Sorry mother, your going to have to wait.' Nothing, you go get the others. I'll find whoever is in charge. That way I can warm them up for hen you get back here with the others. No blood, I promise.

  Aang nods as he flies back down to regroup with everyone else.

Guard: Hey kid, civilians aren't allowed on the wall. 

  A guard calls out to you.

Y/N: I'm not just some kid. I'm with the Avatar. He'll be here shortly, for now take me to whoever is in charge.

  The guards are unsure if you are lying or telling the truth, but they lead you to the general leading the defenses of the outer wall. When you arrive, you notice the looks from the soldiers around you, but you ignore them.

Guard: Sir, this kid here says he's with the Avatar.

  The soldier who lead you inside introduced you to the man in charge. A general of slightly shorter stature than the other men there. Even you stood over him, but you were tall for your age anyway. The general looks at you with a slightly confused look as if you were a crazed wolf-bat.

General: Then where is the Avatar?

Y/N: He's on his way, but right now I think you should be worrying less about that and more on the drill problem.

General: Well it would be an honor have the Avatar's help. But his services are not needed.

  Your eyes widen a bit. 

Y/N: Not needed?

General: Not needed.

  The general rises from his seat and leads you to the edge of the outer wall.

General: I have the situation under control. I assure you, the Fire Nation cannot penetrate this wall. Many have tried to break through it, but none have succeeded.

  You cross your arms and raise a brow at that statement. 

Y/N: Pretty sure I heard a story about 'The Dragon of the West' breaking through.

General: Well, technically yes. But he was quickly expunged. Nevertheless, that's why the city is called Ba Sing Se, it's the Impenetrable City. They don't call it 'Na Sing Se' hehehe... That means Penetrable City.

  You sigh with clear irritation. 

Y/N: There's still the drill. I am offering the aid of the Avatar here.

General: Well that is a generous offer. But you're just a child.

  You grit your teeth a bit. 

Y/N: Yeah, a child who probably has a higher body count than you could imagine.

  You cross your arms with visible attitude in your words.

  A short moment later, you feel Momo land on your shoulder as Aang and the others join you and the General at the edge of the outer wall.